Building FR on MacOS X

I might get a hold on to a Mac soon (Mac Book Air with Leopard) and
I'd like to compile FlameRobin on it. I read the explanation in
BUILD.txt which explains how to build FR, but I have no clue what are
prerequisites.

Can someone please give me a short list of what I need to install on a
"blank" machine to get up to speed? I assume I need C++ compiler.
Should I use GCC? Where to get it? Is there a binary available
somewhere? Are there some specific sites I should trust for binaries?

How to build wxWidgets? Can I use "configure" script like on Linux?

Sorry for so many questions. I guess I could google everything up, but
I'm not interested in general development on OS X, but rather only
FlameRobin, and it seems I could easily choose sub-optimal path to do
it.

http://www.guacosoft.com

Re: Building FR on MacOS X

Michael Hieke
Hi Milan,

there is a short thread at <http://flamerobin.2305948.n4.nabble.com/Re-Mac-OS-Lion-td4102886.html
 > that deals with building on the Mac.  This should get you started,
but if you have any questions I'm happy to answer them.

The short version is that you only need to install the Apple developer
tools and can then work in a way very similar to that on a Linux
machine.  Choice of gcc vs. clang is up to you, both should work.

Best