Connecting with inactive server

Alexandre Moradell
Hello,

1) It works for me with 0.9.3 2220.
I tried a server not longer active.
I can cancel and also wait timeout : Unhandled Error like version 0.9.3
2106.
I tried also with my current version : 0.9.3 2106 and it freezes until
timeout.

2) Anyway, progression window is modal.
With this connection thread, would it be possible to connect to several
servers or database in parallel ?
It's a different topic, I'd ask for a new feature.

Regards

Alexandre

Re: Connecting with inactive server

Michael Hieke
On 03.07.2012 14:51, Alexandre Moradell wrote:

> 2) Anyway, progression window is modal.
> With this connection thread, would it be possible to connect to
> several servers or database in parallel ?

Not without a lot of changes.  The modifications are right now quite
simple but require a modal dialog to work.
Making this dialog non-modal (or indeed getting rid of the dialog
completely and find some other means of showing progress, something like
Firefox "Downloads" window or Thunderbird "Activity Manager" window,
which to me would be much better) is much harder to do, because all
actions on the database which is being connected to would need to be
disabled.
FlameRobin must never make concurrent API calls on the same
IBPP::Database from different threads.  That means that all actions in
the GUI that would cause any database activity would need to be prevented.