Current FR on Mac OS X - where to get the right source from ?

Current FR on Mac OS X - where to get the right source from ?

Olivier Mascia
Hi,

Assuming I'd like to compile the latest (or close to) development
version of FR on Mac OS X, where should get I the source code from ?
CVS ? What branch or tag ?

Side question regarding wxWidget, should I get myself ready for a
fight compiling wxWidget or will this be a snap ?

Thanks !

Or : would you have a compiled Mac OS X version of some recent FR
build readily available ? I'd like to demo some things end of next
week and would not want to reboot my PC for doing so. ;-)

--
Olivier

Re: Current FR on Mac OS X - where to get the right source from ?

Milan Babuskov-5
Olivier Mascia wrote:
> Assuming I'd like to compile the latest (or close to) development
> version of FR on Mac OS X, where should get I the source code from ?
> CVS ? What branch or tag ?

fbmanager.sourceforge.net
module: mghie
Grab the HEAD.

As for the other questions, Michael should give you better info than me.

Re: Current FR on Mac OS X - where to get the right source from ?

Olivier,

Olivier Mascia wrote:

> Side question regarding wxWidget, should I get myself ready for a
> fight compiling wxWidget or will this be a snap ?

building wxWidgets works great for me, no fighting necessary ;-)

Steps that I used:
- load wxWidgets-2.6.2.tar.bz2
- unpack this
- create a directory in $(WXWIN), I use gcc[u][d] depending on the
Ansi/Unicode and debug/release setting
- change into this directory
- configure wxWidgets - for gccud you would use:

   sh ../configure --enable-debug --enable-unicode \
      --disable-shared --disable-compat22 --disable-compat24

and for gcc you would use

   sh ../configure --disable-debug --disable-unicode \
      --disable-shared --disable-compat22 --disable-compat24

- build the library and the STC library with the commands

   make && cd contrib/src/stc && make

Installing this with make install is not a good idea, at least under
10.4, because it has a system version of wx 2.5.3 installed.  That one
isn't suited for FR, though.  So you have to feed the correct wx-config
to the FR build procedure.

Building FR is similar, only that you would configure it with

   sh ../configure --[en|dis]able-debug \
      --with-wx-config=$(WXWIN)/gcc[u][d]/wx-config

Make sure you use the same --[en|dis]able-debug switch as in the wx
build.  Things might not work otherwise.

> Or : would you have a compiled Mac OS X version of some recent FR
> build readily available ? I'd like to demo some things end of next
> week and would not want to reboot my PC for doing so. ;-)

I built 0.4.5 some 8 days ago, you can find it at
http://www.flamerobin.org/mghie/flamerobin-0.4.5-osx.dmg.gz (it was not
released to SourceForge).  Enjoy!

Re: Current FR on Mac OS X - where to get the right source from ?

Olivier Mascia
Hello,

Le 19 nov. 05 à 20:32, Michael Hieke a écrit :

> building wxWidgets works great for me, no fighting necessary ;-)
>
> Steps that I used:

<snip>
Thank you very much for these detailed instructions!
I'll have something to play with for sunday.

> I built 0.4.5 some 8 days ago, you can find it at http://
> www.flamerobin.org/mghie/flamerobin-0.4.5-osx.dmg.gz (it was not
> released to SourceForge).  Enjoy!

That's even a better news! Thanks !!