Description properties column missing.

Steve Cookson-2
Hi Guys,

It seams that the description properties column is missing from the new
build.  Is there any reason for this, or is it a bug?

Like this:

http://tinypic.com/usermedia.php?uo=adkBqYNLltvg%2Fwa2VzyN6Yh4l5k2TGxc#.U6vxFv6VthE

But there are comments as shown from the DDL here:

CREATE TABLE TBL_FIELD_SETUP
(
   ATT_INSTALLATION_ID_TXT integer NOT NULL,
   ATT_FIELD_NAME_ROOT_TXT char(50) NOT NULL,
   ATT_FIELD_RELABELED_BIN char(1),
   ATT_FIELD_ACTIVE_BIN char(1),
   ATT_NEW_LABEL_TXT char(50),
   ATT_NEW_TOOLTIP_TXT char(70),
   ATT_NEW_UNIT_LABEL_TXT char(10),
   ATT_DATE_CREATED_TXT timestamp DEFAULT current_timestamp
,
   CONSTRAINT PK_TBL_FIELD_SETUP PRIMARY KEY
(ATT_INSTALLATION_ID_TXT,ATT_FIELD_NAME_ROOT_TXT)
   USING INDEX INDEX_SETUP
);
UPDATE RDB$RELATION_FIELDS set RDB$DESCRIPTION = 'This is the root of
the field name, minus and "_Txt" or "_Lbl" and minus any
programmatically assigned suffix (eg 2009 or Jan), but including
recurrance numbers if not programmatically assigned.'  where
RDB$FIELD_NAME = 'ATT_FIELD_NAME_ROOT_TXT' and RDB$RELATION_NAME =
'TBL_FIELD_SETUP';
UPDATE RDB$RELATION_FIELDS set RDB$DESCRIPTION = 'Set this field to
upper case Y activate user configurable fields, other values will
inactivate it.'  where RDB$FIELD_NAME = 'ATT_FIELD_ACTIVE_BIN' and
RDB$RELATION_NAME = 'TBL_FIELD_SETUP';
UPDATE RDB$RELATION_FIELDS set RDB$DESCRIPTION = 'This field holds field
labels for user-configurable fields.'  where RDB$FIELD_NAME =
'ATT_NEW_LABEL_TXT' and RDB$RELATION_NAME = 'TBL_FIELD_SETUP';
UPDATE RDB$RELATION_FIELDS set RDB$DESCRIPTION = 'This field holds
tool-tips for user-configurable fields.'  where RDB$FIELD_NAME =
'ATT_NEW_TOOLTIP_TXT' and RDB$RELATION_NAME = 'TBL_FIELD_SETUP';
UPDATE RDB$RELATION_FIELDS set RDB$DESCRIPTION = 'This field holds the
unit type for user-configurable fields.'  where RDB$FIELD_NAME =
'ATT_NEW_UNIT_LABEL_TXT' and RDB$RELATION_NAME = 'TBL_FIELD_SETUP';
ALTER TABLE TBL_FIELD_SETUP ADD CONSTRAINT FK_TBL_FIELD_SETUP_1
   FOREIGN KEY (ATT_INSTALLATION_ID_TXT) REFERENCES TBL_INSTALLATION
(ATT_INSTALLATION_ID_TXT) ON UPDATE CASCADE ON DELETE CASCADE;
GRANT DELETE, INSERT, REFERENCES, SELECT, UPDATE
  ON TBL_FIELD_SETUP TO  SYSDBA WITH GRANT OPTION;

Any ideas?  Should I post a bug report?

Regards

Steve.

Re: Description properties column missing.

marius adrian popa
Administrator
It's not missing , tested version from git : wx3.0 and ubuntu 14.04
(firebird 2.5.x)

On Thu, Jun 26, 2014 at 1:10 PM, Steve Cookson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> It seams that the description properties column is missing from the new
> build.  Is there any reason for this, or is it a bug?
>
> Like this:
>
> http://tinypic.com/usermedia.php?uo=adkBqYNLltvg%2Fwa2VzyN6Yh4l5k2TGxc#.U6vxFv6VthE
>
> But there are comments as shown from the DDL here:
>
> CREATE TABLE TBL_FIELD_SETUP
> (
>    ATT_INSTALLATION_ID_TXT integer NOT NULL,
>    ATT_FIELD_NAME_ROOT_TXT char(50) NOT NULL,
>    ATT_FIELD_RELABELED_BIN char(1),
>    ATT_FIELD_ACTIVE_BIN char(1),
>    ATT_NEW_LABEL_TXT char(50),
>    ATT_NEW_TOOLTIP_TXT char(70),
>    ATT_NEW_UNIT_LABEL_TXT char(10),
>    ATT_DATE_CREATED_TXT timestamp DEFAULT current_timestamp
> ,
>    CONSTRAINT PK_TBL_FIELD_SETUP PRIMARY KEY
> (ATT_INSTALLATION_ID_TXT,ATT_FIELD_NAME_ROOT_TXT)
>    USING INDEX INDEX_SETUP
> );
> UPDATE RDB$RELATION_FIELDS set RDB$DESCRIPTION = 'This is the root of
> the field name, minus and "_Txt" or "_Lbl" and minus any
> programmatically assigned suffix (eg 2009 or Jan), but including
> recurrance numbers if not programmatically assigned.'  where
> RDB$FIELD_NAME = 'ATT_FIELD_NAME_ROOT_TXT' and RDB$RELATION_NAME =
> 'TBL_FIELD_SETUP';
> UPDATE RDB$RELATION_FIELDS set RDB$DESCRIPTION = 'Set this field to
> upper case Y activate user configurable fields, other values will
> inactivate it.'  where RDB$FIELD_NAME = 'ATT_FIELD_ACTIVE_BIN' and
> RDB$RELATION_NAME = 'TBL_FIELD_SETUP';
> UPDATE RDB$RELATION_FIELDS set RDB$DESCRIPTION = 'This field holds field
> labels for user-configurable fields.'  where RDB$FIELD_NAME =
> 'ATT_NEW_LABEL_TXT' and RDB$RELATION_NAME = 'TBL_FIELD_SETUP';
> UPDATE RDB$RELATION_FIELDS set RDB$DESCRIPTION = 'This field holds
> tool-tips for user-configurable fields.'  where RDB$FIELD_NAME =
> 'ATT_NEW_TOOLTIP_TXT' and RDB$RELATION_NAME = 'TBL_FIELD_SETUP';
> UPDATE RDB$RELATION_FIELDS set RDB$DESCRIPTION = 'This field holds the
> unit type for user-configurable fields.'  where RDB$FIELD_NAME =
> 'ATT_NEW_UNIT_LABEL_TXT' and RDB$RELATION_NAME = 'TBL_FIELD_SETUP';
> ALTER TABLE TBL_FIELD_SETUP ADD CONSTRAINT FK_TBL_FIELD_SETUP_1
>    FOREIGN KEY (ATT_INSTALLATION_ID_TXT) REFERENCES TBL_INSTALLATION
> (ATT_INSTALLATION_ID_TXT) ON UPDATE CASCADE ON DELETE CASCADE;
> GRANT DELETE, INSERT, REFERENCES, SELECT, UPDATE
>   ON TBL_FIELD_SETUP TO  SYSDBA WITH GRANT OPTION;
>
> Any ideas?  Should I post a bug report?
>
> Regards
>
> Steve.

Re: Description properties column missing.

Steve Cookson
Hi Mariius,

So how did I get this picture?  Did I do something wrong?

http://tinypic.com/usermedia.php?uo=adkBqYNLltvg%2Fwa2VzyN6Yh4l5k2TGxc#.U6vxFv6VthE

Regards

Steve.

Re: Description properties column missing.

marius adrian popa
Administrator
your build works perfectly on my lubuntu (lxqt) i can see the descriptions

ldd flamerobin
https://gist.github.com/mariuz/04487934c3f2cc004d05

On Thu, Jun 26, 2014 at 2:07 PM, Steve Cookson <[hidden email]> wrote:
> So how did I get this picture?  Did I do something wrong?

Go to Preferences and enable column descriptions in Property Pages section.

http://www.guacosoft.com

Re: Description properties column missing.

Steve Cookson
Hi Milan,

On 27/06/14 12:23, Milan Babuskov wrote:
> Go to Preferences and enable column descriptions in Property Pages section.
Perfect!  In fact it was already ON, but turning it OFF and then ON,
worked like a charm.

Regards,

Steve.