Find&replace in grid

A few times I needed to find&replace some values in the data grid, so
I'm thinking about implementing this feature. The current Find&replace
dialog would work differently depending on focus, just like "copy" and
other functions work. If SQL editor has focus, it would find&replace
in sql editor. If data grid has focus, it would find&replace in grid.
If not all data has been fetched it could prompt to fetch more or just
find&replace in loaded data.

What do you think?

http://www.guacosoft.com

Re: Find&replace in grid

llerrac

I take it:
o    The find and replace is all in transaction.
o    That this would work on text blobs.

I admit that I'd be tempted to still use a 'select all that matches', and then write a procedure to select and make changes. This procedure outputs the before and after text, plus unique id. so i end up with data for a reverse/undo script.

so one extra wish:

- So how hard to produce a list of changes for a potential undo script?

Hi,