Flame Robin gone invisible

Roger Graham
Since yesterday, Flame Robin has disappeared from my screen.  When I
start FlameRobin (v9.2.1, Win 7 Prof), the main admin window does not
show, but the icon appears in the task Bar.  When I try to close it from
the task bar, the Do you want to quit FlameRobin dialog box is shown.  I
have tried un-installing and re-installing, but no avail.

Roger Graham

Re: Flame Robin gone invisible

llerrac
Perhaps

It has gone off screen?
you may have tried:
Try atl-space ( a pop up menu should appear, pick 'move' option)
Then use the arrow keys to move left , right , up, down until on
screen. you can normally tell when moving where the window is off
screen, so it not completly pure guesswork.
try minimise,maximise to see direction in which that goes too to work
out which key to use. I know i have forgotten another similar trick.
Or rather than re-install, find the registry key and delete any likely
looking window location storage keys(for flamerobin)

hope that helps

alex

On 29 July 2014 14:09, Roger Graham <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Since yesterday, Flame Robin has disappeared from my screen.  When I
> start FlameRobin (v9.2.1, Win 7 Prof), the main admin window does not
> show, but the icon appears in the task Bar.  When I try to close it from
> the task bar, the Do you want to quit FlameRobin dialog box is shown.  I
> have tried un-installing and re-installing, but no avail.
>
> Roger Graham

Re: Flame Robin gone invisible

Milan Babuskov-4
On Tue, Jul 29, 2014 at 9:21 PM, Shared events <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Or rather than re-install, find the registry key and delete any likely
> looking window location storage keys(for flamerobin)

FR does not store the settings in registry, but in user's home
directory. I don't know where is that in Windows 7, but you should be
able to find it, it's called fr_settings.conf.

It could be that it remembered that main window is somewhere outside
the screen or that size is too small, so deleting this file should
help. Or editing it, it's a simple .txt file, just look for
[MainFrame] section.

M.