FlameRobin Make Errors

Charl Wentzel
Hi Guys

I now installed wxWidgets with GTK2 instead of X11 and it seemed to have
compiled all the source files this time, but now I'm stuck with the
following:

cp: cannot stat `../confdefs/fr_settings.confdef': No such file or
directory
cp: cannot stat `../confdefs/db_settings.confdef': No such file or
directory
make: *** [config-options] Error 1

I can't seem to find anything in the accompanying install/build files
about 'confdefs'.  Does this come from Firebird?

Regards
Charl

Charl Wentzel
Engineering Services Manager
Liquid Automation Systems
South Africa
+27 11 397 3780

Liquid Automation Systems, LAS Cool Sorption and LAS Garage Equipment disclaim all
liability for any loss, damage or expense however caused, arising from the sending,
receipt, or use of this e-mail communication and on any reliance placed upon the
information provided through this service and does not guarantee the completeness
or accuracy of the information.

This message may contain information which is confidential and subject to legal
privilege.  If you are not the intended recipient, you may not peruse, use, disseminate,
distribute or copy this message.  If you have received this message in error, please
notify the sender immediately by email, facsimile or telephone, and return and/or
destroy the original message.

Re: FlameRobin Make Errors

Milan Babuskov-5
Charl Wentzel wrote:

> I now installed wxWidgets with GTK2 instead of X11 and it seemed to have
> compiled all the source files this time, but now I'm stuck with the
> following:
>
> cp: cannot stat `../confdefs/fr_settings.confdef': No such file or
> directory
> cp: cannot stat `../confdefs/db_settings.confdef': No such file or
> directory
> make: *** [config-options] Error 1
>
> I can't seem to find anything in the accompanying install/build files
> about 'confdefs'.  Does this come from Firebird?

Not long time ago we removed the commands that do the copying in build
directory, so you have to install FlameRobin before using it. After a
successful build, run

make install

and then everything should work.

http://fbexport.sourceforge.net

Re: FlameRobin Make Errors

Charl Wentzel
Thanks for the tip, with this info I got it working.

"make install" gave me the same error, so I had to comment out most of
the "make config-options" and a portion in the "make install" sections
of the makefile to get it working, specifically the portions that wanted
to copy the confdef files.

Thanks
Charl
Charl Wentzel
Engineering Services Manager
Liquid Automation Systems
South Africa
+27 11 397 3780

> > I now installed wxWidgets with GTK2 instead of X11 and it seemed to
> have
> > compiled all the source files this time, but now I'm stuck with the
> > following:
> >
> > cp: cannot stat `../confdefs/fr_settings.confdef': No such file or
> > directory
> > cp: cannot stat `../confdefs/db_settings.confdef': No such file or
> > directory
> > make: *** [config-options] Error 1
> >
> > I can't seem to find anything in the accompanying install/build
files

> > about 'confdefs'.  Does this come from Firebird?
>
> Not long time ago we removed the commands that do the copying in build
> directory, so you have to install FlameRobin before using it. After a
> successful build, run
>
> make install
>
> and then everything should work.
>
> --
> Milan Babuskov
> http://fbexport.sourceforge.net
> http://www.flamerobin.org

Liquid Automation Systems, LAS Cool Sorption and LAS Garage Equipment disclaim all
liability for any loss, damage or expense however caused, arising from the sending,
receipt, or use of this e-mail communication and on any reliance placed upon the
information provided through this service and does not guarantee the completeness
or accuracy of the information.

This message may contain information which is confidential and subject to legal
privilege.  If you are not the intended recipient, you may not peruse, use, disseminate,
distribute or copy this message.  If you have received this message in error, please
notify the sender immediately by email, facsimile or telephone, and return and/or
destroy the original message.

Re: FlameRobin Make Errors

Gregory Sapunkov
В Втр, 18/10/2005 в 08:04 +0200, Charl Wentzel пишет:
> Thanks for the tip, with this info I got it working.
>
> "make install" gave me the same error, so I had to comment out most of
> the "make config-options" and a portion in the "make install" sections
> of the makefile to get it working, specifically the portions that wanted
> to copy the confdef files.

Hello,

are you sure that the error message was the same?

usually you have to use "su" (or "sudo") command before (or with) "make
install". depends on your account (in this case - write) access rights.
(/usr dir).

--
best,
Gregory Sapunkov

Re: FlameRobin Make Errors

On Tuesday 18 October 2005 08:04, Charl Wentzel wrote:
> "make install" gave me the same error, so I had to comment out most of
> the "make config-options" and a portion in the "make install" sections
> of the makefile to get it working, specifically the portions that wanted
> to copy the confdef files.

Did you build in a separate directory? Something like this:

- unpack the sources
- enter the top directory

mkdir build
cd build