FlameRobin hangs on query window

John B. Moore
Hardware/OS

PowerBookG4/Panther (completely up to date)

Upgraded the Firebird database to the latest version on the Mac..

Now when I try and open the query window in FlameRobin it always
hangs.. (no query, just trying to open the window) (I have waited for
over an hour.. no joy)

I can see the tables, see the meta data..etc..

Reinstalled FlameRobin.. no joy..

Any ideas out there...???

John Moore

Re: FlameRobin hangs on query window

Michael Hieke-2
Hi John,

John B. Moore wrote:

> PowerBookG4/Panther (completely up to date)
>
> Upgraded the Firebird database to the latest version on the Mac..

Which version, and Classic or SuperServer?  Did you build it for
yourself, or where did you download it?

> Now when I try and open the query window in FlameRobin it always
> hangs.. (no query, just trying to open the window) (I have waited for
> over an hour.. no joy)

Which FR version is that, 0.5.0?

Michael Hieke wrote:

> Hi John,
>
> John B. Moore wrote:
>
>> PowerBookG4/Panther (completely up to date)
>>
>> Upgraded the Firebird database to the latest version on the Mac..
>

> Which version, and Classic or SuperServer?  Did you build it for
> yourself, or where did you download it?

There is only the Classic for MacOS at this time..

Firebird-CS-1.5.1-MacOS.zip > Firebird-CS-1.5.pkg

>> Now when I try and open the query window in FlameRobin it always
>> hangs.. (no query, just trying to open the window) (I have waited for
>> over an hour.. no joy)
>

> Which FR version is that, 0.5.0?

Yes...

Thank you for replying..

John..

Re: FlameRobin hangs on query window

Michael Hieke-2
John,

John B. Moore wrote:

> There is only the Classic for MacOS at this time..
>
> Firebird-CS-1.5.1-MacOS.zip > Firebird-CS-1.5.pkg

yes, there is only that version available from Firebird project.  I do
use the 1.5.2 SuperServer version, though.  It supports things the
Classic version does not.  You could get it from
http://homepage.mac.com/david.pugh/Firebird-OSX_attachments/Firebird-SS-1.5.pkg.zip
if you have no problems with installing a third party build.  Works for
me on Panther and Tiger.

Michael Hieke wrote:

> yes, there is only that version available from Firebird project.  I do
> use the 1.5.2 SuperServer version, though.  It supports things the
> Classic version does not.  You could get it from
> http://homepage.mac.com/david.pugh/Firebird-OSX_attachments/Firebird-SS-1.5.pkg.zip
> if you have no problems with installing a third party build.  Works for
> me on Panther and Tiger.

Are you suggesting this will solve my problem...??????

John..

John B. Moore wrote:
> Now when I try and open the query window in FlameRobin it always
> hangs.. (no query, just trying to open the window) (I have waited for
> over an hour.. no joy)

Did this happen right after you installed FR, or after using it for a
while. The only thing I'm suspicious of is the statement history.

Prehaps you could try to delete your fr_settings.conf file and see if
that helps?

http://njam.sourceforge.net

Re: FlameRobin hangs on query window

John B. Moore
That did the trick...!!!!!

Thanks much..

John..

Milan Babuskov wrote:

> John B. Moore wrote:
>
>> Now when I try and open the query window in FlameRobin it always
>> hangs.. (no query, just trying to open the window) (I have waited for
>> over an hour.. no joy)
>

> Did this happen right after you installed FR, or after using it for a
> while. The only thing I'm suspicious of is the statement history.
>
> Prehaps you could try to delete your fr_settings.conf file and see if
> that helps?

Re: FlameRobin hangs on query window

Milan Babuskov-5
John B. Moore wrote:
> That did the trick...!!!!!
>
> Thanks much..

Until we fix it properly, go to Preferences and set maximum size for
History item to some low value (few KB).

M.