Flamerobin main tree does not update after drop table

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Flamerobin main tree does not update after drop table

James Schumacher
Hello,

I am using FlameRobin 0.9.2.1851 Unicode with an embedded Firebird
database.   When I execute the following:

SET TERM !! ;
EXECUTE BLOCK AS BEGIN
if (exists(SELECT RDB$RELATION_NAME FROM RDB$RELATIONS
         WHERE RDB$RELATION_NAME = 'SCHEMA_VERSION')) then
execute statement 'drop table SCHEMA_VERSION;';
END!!
SET TERM ; !!

and commit the change the table is dropped.  However, the tree on the
main UI does not show the table as dropped.   About the only way I can
get the main UI to refresh is to disconnect and then reconnect to the
database.

I read the document:  http://www.flamerobin.org/flamerobin_paper.pdf

where it talks about the observer pattern and listeners.   Perhaps that
is not working because of how I dropped the table.    I would like to
see a manual "Refresh" option for the main UI or some way to get it to
redraw the tree if it is out of sync.

thanks much,

Jim s

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Time is money. Stop wasting it! Get your web API in 5 minutes.
www.restlet.com/download
http://p.sf.net/sfu/restlet
_______________________________________________
Flamerobin-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/flamerobin-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Flamerobin main tree does not update after drop table

Milan Babuskov-4
On Fri, May 30, 2014 at 6:44 PM, James Schumacher <[hidden email]> wrote:

> SET TERM !! ;
> EXECUTE BLOCK AS BEGIN
> if (exists(SELECT RDB$RELATION_NAME FROM RDB$RELATIONS
>          WHERE RDB$RELATION_NAME = 'SCHEMA_VERSION')) then
> execute statement 'drop table SCHEMA_VERSION;';
> END!!
> SET TERM ; !!
>
> and commit the change the table is dropped.  However, the tree on the
> main UI does not show the table as dropped.

FlameRobin does not parse "execute statement" statements. It would be
impossible, as anything inside execute block could depend on the data
in the database and outcome of the same statement could be different
each time you run it.

> where it talks about the observer pattern and listeners.   Perhaps that
> is not working because of how I dropped the table.    I would like to
> see a manual "Refresh" option for the main UI or some way to get it to
> redraw the tree if it is out of sync.

Such option already exist. Just right-click "Tables" and hit
"Refresh". I'm not sure which version it is introduced in, on this
computer I have 0.9.3.2213 and it is present.

Regards,

--
Milan Babuskov
http://www.guacosoft.com

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Time is money. Stop wasting it! Get your web API in 5 minutes.
www.restlet.com/download
http://p.sf.net/sfu/restlet
_______________________________________________
Flamerobin-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/flamerobin-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Flamerobin main tree does not update after drop table

Lester Caine
On 31/05/14 01:48, Milan Babuskov wrote:
> I have 0.9.3.2213 and it is present.

Just in the process of rebuilding my development machine on a new set of
hardware, and find that SUSE is still stuck back at version 0.9.2 ...
Sourceforge is offering 0.9.1 as the latest version !
I can see flamerobin-0.9.3.1897-x86_64 but nothing later?

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL
-----------------------------
Contact - http://lsces.co.uk/wiki/?page=contact
L.S.Caine Electronic Services - http://lsces.co.uk
EnquirySolve - http://enquirysolve.com/
Model Engineers Digital Workshop - http://medw.co.uk
Rainbow Digital Media - http://rainbowdigitalmedia.co.uk

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Time is money. Stop wasting it! Get your web API in 5 minutes.
www.restlet.com/download
http://p.sf.net/sfu/restlet
_______________________________________________
Flamerobin-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/flamerobin-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Flamerobin main tree does not update after drop table

Milan Babuskov-4
On Sat, May 31, 2014 at 3:20 PM, Lester Caine <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On 31/05/14 01:48, Milan Babuskov wrote:
>> I have 0.9.3.2213 and it is present.
>
> Just in the process of rebuilding my development machine on a new set of
> hardware, and find that SUSE is still stuck back at version 0.9.2 ...
> Sourceforge is offering 0.9.1 as the latest version !
> I can see flamerobin-0.9.3.1897-x86_64 but nothing later?

I guess I'm using the latest version from repository.

Maybe we could release that but I'm not sure anymore how stable is it,
as I did not work on anything Firebird related since February 2013. I
only use it occasionally to "select" from some old data...

Perhaps someone else can chip in? IIRC, Michael and Mariuz committed
most (all?) changes in 0.9.3

--
Milan Babuskov
http://www.guacosoft.com

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Learn Graph Databases - Download FREE O'Reilly Book
"Graph Databases" is the definitive new guide to graph databases and their
applications. Written by three acclaimed leaders in the field,
this first edition is now available. Download your free book today!
http://p.sf.net/sfu/NeoTech
_______________________________________________
Flamerobin-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/flamerobin-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Flamerobin main tree does not update after drop table

Michael Hieke
On 02.06.2014 14:21, Milan Babuskov wrote:

> I guess I'm using the latest version from repository.
>
> Maybe we could release that but I'm not sure anymore how stable is it,
> as I did not work on anything Firebird related since February 2013. I
> only use it occasionally to "select" from some old data...
>
> Perhaps someone else can chip in? IIRC, Michael and Mariuz committed
> most (all?) changes in 0.9.3

I regularly use a version that I built from the repository (git hash
7c9003b) for work, and it is stable enough.  There were also many
snapshot builds for Windows and a few for the Mac, but I never looked
into making Linux builds - I always used apt-get or built from source.

As for releasing - we had that discussion before:

 
<sourceforge.net/p/flamerobin/mailman/flamerobin-devel/thread/50C7749B.4040101%40ibphoenix.fr>

tl;dr:

IMHO it is not fit to be released as a stable 0.9.4 without some
polishing work spent on it.
It can also be built against wxWidgets 3.0 but running that may result
in nasty surprises.

Thanks

--
Michael Hieke


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Learn Graph Databases - Download FREE O'Reilly Book
"Graph Databases" is the definitive new guide to graph databases and their
applications. Written by three acclaimed leaders in the field,
this first edition is now available. Download your free book today!
http://p.sf.net/sfu/NeoTech
_______________________________________________
Flamerobin-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/flamerobin-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Flamerobin main tree does not update after drop table

marius adrian popa
Administrator
We can tag/release current hash as it is with wxWidgets 3.0 , this is
what we use have in debian and it works quite ok on ubuntu
if there are bugs some of them can be deffered to 0.9.5

On Mon, Jun 2, 2014 at 4:33 PM, Michael Hieke <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 02.06.2014 14:21, Milan Babuskov wrote:
>
>> I guess I'm using the latest version from repository.
>>
>> Maybe we could release that but I'm not sure anymore how stable is it,
>> as I did not work on anything Firebird related since February 2013. I
>> only use it occasionally to "select" from some old data...
>>
>> Perhaps someone else can chip in? IIRC, Michael and Mariuz committed
>> most (all?) changes in 0.9.3
>
> I regularly use a version that I built from the repository (git hash
> 7c9003b) for work, and it is stable enough.  There were also many
> snapshot builds for Windows and a few for the Mac, but I never looked
> into making Linux builds - I always used apt-get or built from source.
>
> As for releasing - we had that discussion before:
>
>
> <sourceforge.net/p/flamerobin/mailman/flamerobin-devel/thread/50C7749B.4040101%40ibphoenix.fr>
>
> tl;dr:
>
> IMHO it is not fit to be released as a stable 0.9.4 without some
> polishing work spent on it.
> It can also be built against wxWidgets 3.0 but running that may result
> in nasty surprises.
>
> Thanks
>
> --
> Michael Hieke
>
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Learn Graph Databases - Download FREE O'Reilly Book
> "Graph Databases" is the definitive new guide to graph databases and their
> applications. Written by three acclaimed leaders in the field,
> this first edition is now available. Download your free book today!
> http://p.sf.net/sfu/NeoTech
> _______________________________________________
> Flamerobin-devel mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/flamerobin-devel

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Learn Graph Databases - Download FREE O'Reilly Book
"Graph Databases" is the definitive new guide to graph databases and their
applications. Written by three acclaimed leaders in the field,
this first edition is now available. Download your free book today!
http://p.sf.net/sfu/NeoTech
_______________________________________________
Flamerobin-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/flamerobin-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Flamerobin main tree does not update after drop table

Michael Hieke
On 02.06.2014 16:18, marius adrian popa wrote:

> We can tag/release current hash as it is with wxWidgets 3.0 , this is
> what we use have in debian and it works quite ok on ubuntu
> if there are bugs some of them can be deffered to 0.9.5

Sorry, I don't understand what it is you are proposing to do.

The code is there for any distribution to grab and package it in
whatever form they see fit.

Tagging it (as what?) will not change one bit of its
stability/usability/feature-completeness.

Is there any problem here that I'm not seeing?  Like a distribution that
would only accept current trunk code if it carried the "0.9.4" stamp
instead of "0.9.3"?

Thanks

--
Michael Hieke


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Learn Graph Databases - Download FREE O'Reilly Book
"Graph Databases" is the definitive new guide to graph databases and their
applications. Written by three acclaimed leaders in the field,
this first edition is now available. Download your free book today!
http://p.sf.net/sfu/NeoTech
_______________________________________________
Flamerobin-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/flamerobin-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Flamerobin main tree does not update after drop table

Damyan Ivanov-5
In reply to this post by marius adrian popa
-=| marius adrian popa, 02.06.2014 17:18:44 +0300 |=-
> We can tag/release current hash as it is with wxWidgets 3.0 , this is
> what we use have in debian and it works quite ok on ubuntu
> if there are bugs some of them can be deffered to 0.9.5

A build with wx3.0 seems to work fine (I use it daily). The only
problems that I am aware of are:

 * inability to enter non-latin (e.g. Cyrillic) characters in SQL
   windows. I use bg_BG.UTF-8 locale.
 * completion hints not quite working. Writing "table." pops up the
   list of columns, arrows move the selection, but pressing Enter just
   closes the pop-up without adding the column name to the editor
   text.

I have no opinion on releasing. In absence of so called stable
releases snapshots seem to do just fine.

-- dam

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Learn Graph Databases - Download FREE O'Reilly Book
"Graph Databases" is the definitive new guide to graph databases and their
applications. Written by three acclaimed leaders in the field,
this first edition is now available. Download your free book today!
http://p.sf.net/sfu/NeoTech
_______________________________________________
Flamerobin-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/flamerobin-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Flamerobin main tree does not update after drop table

Lester Caine
On 02/06/14 17:02, Damyan Ivanov wrote:
> I have no opinion on releasing. In absence of so called stable
> releases snapshots seem to do just fine.

Except the current 'snapshot' for Linux does not have the improvements
available in the windows ones :(
It would be nice if we had a version which worked the same on all three
platforms?

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL
-----------------------------
Contact - http://lsces.co.uk/wiki/?page=contact
L.S.Caine Electronic Services - http://lsces.co.uk
EnquirySolve - http://enquirysolve.com/
Model Engineers Digital Workshop - http://medw.co.uk
Rainbow Digital Media - http://rainbowdigitalmedia.co.uk

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Learn Graph Databases - Download FREE O'Reilly Book
"Graph Databases" is the definitive new guide to graph databases and their
applications. Written by three acclaimed leaders in the field,
this first edition is now available. Download your free book today!
http://p.sf.net/sfu/NeoTech
_______________________________________________
Flamerobin-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/flamerobin-devel