Got problems

Nando Dessena-2
Hello,
after more than 20 years since my first computer, two days ago I have
suffered the first HD crash in my life. I guess I've just been lucky
until then. Anyway, it was about the worst time for it to happen as most
of my backups weren't current. While the corpse of my HD is in Oslo with
people trying to extract what's left (which will cost me many gold
bars), I am slowly rebuilding my machine and redoing the work for the
FbCon as well. So, the moment in which I can get back to work on FR
hasn't come yet. Sorry.

Ciao
--
Nando

Re: Got problems

Milan Babuskov-2
Nando Dessena wrote:
> after more than 20 years since my first computer, two days ago I have
> suffered the first HD crash in my life. I guess I've just been lucky
> until then.

Believe me, you were extremely lucky. I don't even count the times HDD
crashed on me (I believe 3 or 4 times). Sometimes it wasn't serios,
sometimes it was irrevocable.

> Anyway, it was about the worst time for it to happen as most
> of my backups weren't current. While the corpse of my HD is in Oslo with
> people trying to extract what's left (which will cost me many gold
> bars), I am slowly rebuilding my machine and redoing the work for the
> FbCon as well.

Good luck with it. Gosh, yesterday I backed up my files and thought what
a problem would be to lose the files a day before the conference or
something like that.

So, the moment in which I can get back to work on FR
> hasn't come yet. Sorry.

Here's a mail archive (up to 7th october) if you need it now:
http://www.flamerobin.org/mail-archive.7z

But, I guess you'll need all the email up to today? Better first check
if this format is usable for you, and I'll upload the new file...