Introducing identifier

Milan Babuskov-2
Hi all,

I plan to start implementing Indetifier in the rest of the code. I'd
like to make sure not to miss it anywhere, so I propose to remove
MetadataItem::getName and replace it with

MetadataItem::getNameAsItIs
MetadataItem::getNameQuoted

which would map to proper Identifier methods.

This way it won't compile until I replace it with Identifier everywhere,
so I can be sure that I did the change everywhere.

What do you think? Are the names of methods ok?

http://fbexport.sourceforge.net

Re: Introducing identifier

Michael Hieke
Milan,

Milan Babuskov wrote:

> I plan to start implementing Indetifier in the rest of the code. I'd
> like to make sure not to miss it anywhere, so I propose to remove
> MetadataItem::getName and replace it with
>
> MetadataItem::getNameAsItIs
> MetadataItem::getNameQuoted
>
> which would map to proper Identifier methods.
>
> This way it won't compile until I replace it with Identifier everywhere,
> so I can be sure that I did the change everywhere.

while I think that this is the best way to go, I'm not too enthusiastic
about getNameAsItIs() - getName() really seems a better match.  I would
probably start with

MetadataItem::getName_()
MetadataItem::getNameQuoted()

and do a global replace of "getName_" with "getName" when everything
compiles.  How does that sound?

Re: Introducing identifier

Milan Babuskov-2
Michael Hieke wrote:
> while I think that this is the best way to go, I'm not too enthusiastic
> about getNameAsItIs() - getName() really seems a better match.  I would
> probably start with
>
> MetadataItem::getName_()
> MetadataItem::getNameQuoted()
>
> and do a global replace of "getName_" with "getName" when everything
> compiles.  How does that sound?

I actually planned to do that with getNameAsItIs -> replace it with
getName once we're done.

Ok, we agreed on that.

http://fbexport.sourceforge.net