I wrote the following to Michael minutes ago, but since I get a
problem too while trying to run FR 0.5 (Mac OS X binary downloaded
from SF), I think it is wise I turn it more generally here :
> While attempting to test current ibpp code on my PB, I get a fault
> and the following stack trace from inside ConfigFile class inside
> FB code. This is right at the beginning while attempting to do an
> Does this sound familiar to you ?
> I suspect there probably is no such dumb bug in that MacOSX FB
> package, so it might be something related to my setup, which means
> maybe someone else (you) already saw such thing ?
> I'll further test (including using released FR just to be sure),
> but if you have some clues in between...
> #0 0x946eeb84 in __gnu_cxx::__exchange_and_add ()
> #1 0x9469bd38 in std::locale::~locale ()
> #2 0x30133d20 in std::basic_streambuf<char, std::char_traits<char>
> >::~basic_streambuf ()
> #3 0x30121530 in ConfigFile::loadConfig ()
> #4 0x301202dc in ConfigFile::doesKeyExist ()
> #5 0x3011e948 in ConfigImpl::getValue ()
> #6 0x3011e2b4 in ConfigImpl::ConfigImpl ()
> #7 0x3011ef18 in Config::getTcpRemoteBufferSize ()
> #8 0x300ff2b8 in alloc_port ()
> #9 0x300fe96c in INET_connect ()
> #10 0x30100638 in inet_try_connect ()
> #11 0x300fe708 in INET_analyze ()
> #12 0x3010b0c0 in analyze ()
> #13 0x301011b0 in REM_attach_database ()
> #14 0x30015b80 in isc_attach_database ()
> #15 0x300c6ee8 in PREPARSE_execute ()
> #16 0x300197c0 in isc_dsql_exec_immed2_m ()
> #17 0x30019578 in isc_dsql_exec_immed2 ()
> #18 0x0001b14c in ibpp_internals::DatabaseImpl::Create
> (this=0x600ba0, dialect=3) at ../../core/database.cpp:74
> #19 0x00003c78 in Test::Test2 (this=0xbffff938) at ../tests.cpp:292
> #20 0x0000a940 in Test::RunTests (this=0xbffff938) at ../tests.cpp:138
> #21 0x0000ac90 in main (argc=1, argv=0xbffffa1c) at ../tests.cpp:1127
I'm attaching a print-screen of the error I got using FlameRobin.
I suspect this is the very same issue at hands and that it might be
related to my local setup.
But I have no clues as to where look for something wrong.
The FB 1.5.1 package installed without apparent issues, and the
firebird.conf file (located in the Firebird.package) looks default.
Though the Fatal Error dialog of FR displayed and offered to try to
continue or not, I had no opportunity to do so before the Mac OS X
own dialog appeared.