Michael ready for 0.9.4 release ?

marius adrian popa
Administrator
I would like to start a new release for the new year
can you help me with windows and macosx builds ?

Also Milan can you do a Slackware or static build ?

I will do the Ubuntu builds

Also i need admin rights for the project if you want to provide the access

Any volunteers are welcome (buid from git see if everything works ...)

Michael ready for 0.9.4 release ?

Ismael L. Donis Garcia
You could compile it for debian also?

Best Regards
=========
|| ISMAEL ||
=========
>I would like to start a new release for the new year
> can you help me with windows and macosx builds ?
>
> Also Milan can you do a Slackware or static build ?
>
> I will do the Ubuntu builds
>
> Also i need admin rights for the project if you want to provide the access
>
> Any volunteers are welcome (buid from git see if everything works ...)

Re: Michael ready for 0.9.4 release ?

On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 5:05 PM, marius adrian popa <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Also Milan can you do a Slackware or static build ?

I can make Slack/static build if needed.

http://www.guacosoft.com

Re: Michael ready for 0.9.4 release ?

Hi Marius,

sorry for the late reply.

On 21.01.2013 17:05, marius adrian popa wrote:

> I would like to start a new release for the new year
> can you help me with windows and macosx builds ?

I can do Windows builds, but currently can't do Mac OS builds easily.
My Mac can't check out sources from git and this would need some work,
for which I neither have the time nor the motivation currently.

OTOH there seems to be nothing particularly interesting in the current
state of FlameRobin that would call for a 0.9.4 release.  Snapshots
from October (Windows builds) and July (Mac OS build) of last year are
available, very little has happened since then.

To quote Milan from a post in December:

> We could package what we have and call that "stable release", but I
> assume users would expect 2.5 to be fully supported now if we did a
> new release of FR.

and I agree with that.

IMO releasing FR as it is would be nothing but a statement of "this is
as good as it gets, expect nothing more" - maybe that's just the
reality?
I would rather leave 0.9.2 as the "stable" release, it had much less
loose ends and incomplete/undocumented features than trunk.

My 0.02 Euro