New Flamerobin binary snapshot for Linux x86-64 only

New Flamerobin binary snapshot for Linux x86-64 only

marius adrian popa
Administrator
Tested on Debian sid and Ubuntu 14.04 (I’m interested if it starts on
other linuxes : Fedora , Gentoo , Arch , Slackware)

http://www.firebirdnews.org/?p=9534

ps: libfbclient.so.2 is required

Re: New Flamerobin binary snapshot for Linux x86-64 only

Lester Caine
On 23/07/14 14:44, marius adrian popa wrote:
> Tested on Debian sid and Ubuntu 14.04 (I’m interested if it starts on
> other linuxes : Fedora , Gentoo , Arch , Slackware)
>
> http://www.firebirdnews.org/?p=9534
>
> ps: libfbclient.so.2 is required

OK would not run on SUSE 13.1 but I've managed to build my own copy -
except it's 58.8Mb :)
Seems to be working fine, but I need to tidy a few things up as it is in
/usr on SUSE rather than /opt ...

wxwidgets 3.0.1 is available but boost is only 1.54 so I installed 1.55
all these different build methods really are a pain. I don't think any
of the tools I use these days sticks to go old fashioned builds?

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL
-----------------------------

On 23/07/14 22:50, Lester Caine wrote:
> wxwidgets 3.0.1 is available but boost is only 1.54 so I installed 1.55
> all these different build methods really are a pain. I don't think any
> of the tools I use these days sticks to go old fashioned builds?

Two steps back :(

OK I started by looking at the size problem by building my own copy of
wxWidgets using the ./configure setup on the the blog, and after a
couple of hickups it's compiling again. Boost does not depend on
wxWidgets? I was not sure how to rebuild a clean copy with 'b2' ;)

I'm looking at
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/openSUSE:Factory/flamerobin to
see what needs doing to upgrade it. The patch is already covered so can
be dropped, and the changes list just needs a few updates, but I presume
that the .spec file needs 'boost' adding to it and the other
dependencies updated? I don't think that the source file has any mods
from the distributed one?

I vaguely remember doing packages on SUSE, but it was probably 15 years
ago and a few things have changed since :)

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL