Pictures

12

Pictures

Milan Babuskov-2
Hi all,

Guys, I have an idea to put our pictures on the "Credits" page on
website. You know, right beside the name and other info. For one thing,
it would help us recognize each other at the conference ;)

Alex, what would be the prefered size/format? I was thinking .jpg
headshots (like the ones on passport/ID cards) sized 100x150 or less.

Re: Pictures

Nando Dessena
Milan,

MB> Guys, I have an idea to put our pictures on the "Credits" page on
MB> website. You know, right beside the name and other info. For one thing,
MB> it would help us recognize each other at the conference ;)

MB> Alex, what would be the prefered size/format? I was thinking .jpg
MB> headshots (like the ones on passport/ID cards) sized 100x150 or less.

I'm fine with that, but first I want the site colour scheme changed! ;-)

Ciao
--
Nando Dessena

Re: Pictures

Kjell Rilbe
Nando Dessena wrote:

> MB> Guys, I have an idea to put our pictures on the "Credits" page on
> MB> website. You know, right beside the name and other info. For one thing,
> MB> it would help us recognize each other at the conference ;)
>
> I'm fine with that, but first I want the site colour scheme changed! ;-)

Why? Doesn't the current one match your complexion?

:-)

Kjell
--
--------------------------------------
Kjell Rilbe

Re: Pictures

Nando Dessena
Kjell,

>> I'm fine with that, but first I want the site colour scheme changed! ;-)

KR> Why? Doesn't the current one match your complexion?

seriously speaking, it doesn't match FlameRobin. It didn't match the
colours in the logo, and the solution was to take out the logo from
the site. I've been asking that we put back the logo and change the
colours. Otherwise we should change the logo.

Funny enough, the colour scheme for our wiki pages (which we didn't
choose AFAIK) does get well together with the logo. :-)

Ciao
--
Nando Dessena

Off FlameRobin 0.4.0 on Kurumin Linux 5.0

valdir.marcos
Sorry for the off-toppic, but I am using FB 1.5.2 on Kurumin Linux 5.0, a
Brazilian Distro based on Debian Knoppix, kernel 2.6.
I cam use ISQL without problems, including updates and commits.

In the FlameRobin site, i have downloaded :
flamerobin-0.4.0-1.fc4.i386.rpm
flamerobin-0.4.0_1ubuntu.deb
flamerobin_0.4.0-1_i386.deb

I am using KDE and Konsole.
The installation and desinstallation occurs perfectly.
The rpm file i have converted through alien, with no message error.
As I could not find and link in the desktop, I have searched by "sudo find
/ -name flamerobin -print" to find all files/directories named
"flamerobin", and I have founded just a few.
When I try using the Konqueror to start \ramdisk\usr\bin\flamerobin, nothing
happens.
When I try using the Konsole, "sudo \ramdisk\usr\bin\flamerobin, nothing
happens, either.
All flamerobin executable that I found, I have tried to run, but none of
them worked.

What I am doing wrong?

Thanks,

Valdir Marcos
Sao Paulo-SP-Brazil

Re: Pictures

Nando Dessena wrote:

>>>I'm fine with that, but first I want the site colour scheme changed! ;-)
>
> KR> Why? Doesn't the current one match your complexion?
>
> seriously speaking, it doesn't match FlameRobin. It didn't match the
> colours in the logo, and the solution was to take out the logo from
> the site. I've been asking that we put back the logo and change the
> colours. Otherwise we should change the logo.
>
> Funny enough, the colour scheme for our wiki pages (which we didn't
> choose AFAIK) does get well together with the logo. :-)

I'm sure Alex could cook up something for the main website using the
colour scheme of wiki pages. Alex?

http://fbexport.sourceforge.net

Re: Pictures

Nando Dessena wrote:
> MB> Guys, I have an idea to put our pictures on the "Credits" page on
> MB> website. You know, right beside the name and other info. For one thing,
> MB> it would help us recognize each other at the conference ;)
>
> MB> Alex, what would be the prefered size/format? I was thinking .jpg
> MB> headshots (like the ones on passport/ID cards) sized 100x150 or less.
>
> I'm fine with that, but first I want the site colour scheme changed! ;-)

Oh no, not again <G> ;)

http://fbexport.sourceforge.net

Re: Off FlameRobin 0.4.0 on Kurumin Linux 5.0

Damyan Ivanov

Re: Off FlameRobin 0.4.0 on Kurumin Linux 5.0

valdir.marcos
I have tried the two deb files, which installed without error messages, but
the executable didn't run under KDE or Konsole, then I tried the rpm file,
too, which didn't work out either...

What are the differences between flamerobin-0.4.0_1ubuntu.deb and
flamerobin_0.4.0-1_i386.deb?
Where does the FlameRobin executable should be after installation?

Valdir Marcos wrote:
> Sorry for the off-toppic, but I am using FB 1.5.2 on Kurumin Linux 5.0,
> a Brazilian Distro based on Debian Knoppix, kernel 2.6.
> I cam use ISQL without problems, including updates and commits.
>
> In the FlameRobin site, i have downloaded :
> flamerobin-0.4.0-1.fc4.i386.rpm
> flamerobin-0.4.0_1ubuntu.deb

As the name says, they are for Fedora Core 4 and Ubuntu. I'm pretty sure they
won't work on other systems.

> flamerobin_0.4.0-1_i386.deb

This is a Debian package. I'm not sure with which Debian version is Kurumin
Linux comaptible.

> As I could not find and link in the desktop

AFAIK, we don't support desktop shortcuts on Linux yet. I have read some
freedesktop docs about "standard" shortcuts, but let's leave it for
distribution packagers.

>, I have searched by "sudo
> find / -name flamerobin -print" to find all files/directories named
> "flamerobin", and I have founded just a few.
> When I try using the Konqueror to start \ramdisk\usr\bin\flamerobin,
> nothing happens.

Nothing? Like this:

$ \ramdisk\usr\bin\flamerobin
$

Or "nothing" like this:

$ \ramdisk\usr\bin\flamerobin
Some errors.
$

Anyway, you shouldn't be using backslashes on Linux. Have you tried?

$ /ramdisk/usr/bin/flamerobin

> When I try using the Konsole, "sudo \ramdisk\usr\bin\flamerobin, nothing
> happens, either.
> All flamerobin executable that I found, I have tried to run, but none of
> them worked.

Try typing this into konsole:

$ FR_HOME=/ramdisk/usr/share/flamerobin /ramdisk/usr/bin/flamerobin

If that doesn't work either, please run:

$ which flamerobin
$ whereis flamerobin

and report here.

> What I am doing wrong?

It looks like you're running on the Live distribution, so I guess it isn't
that straightforward. I haven't tried Kurumin Linux myself, so I don't know
where it stores the files.

http://abrick.sourceforge.net

Valdir Marcos wrote:
> Sorry for the off-toppic, but I am using FB 1.5.2 on Kurumin Linux 5.0,
> a Brazilian Distro based on Debian Knoppix, kernel 2.6.
> I cam use ISQL without problems, including updates and commits.

P.S. Please don't hijack other threads, it makes some e-mail clients
crazy. Since you did, you probably don't know what it is: it's when you
hit Reply on some message, then delete the entire body and change to
subject. However, e-mail software retains the information about message
you were replying to, and now I see your message and all replies to it
as part of "Pictures" thread.

So, just click on "write a new message" when you're starting a different
topic. If you hate to type the email address, I'm sure you can
copy/paste or use some other function of your e-mail client (well, not
in "Lookout Express" you're using). Thanx.

http://fbexport.sourceforge.net

Re: Off FlameRobin 0.4.0 on Kurumin Linux 5.0

valdir.marcos
Sorry for that, but  I have never heard about something similar nor in windows neither in Linux since I've started using internet in 1996.
From now on, on FlameRobin list I will take this care.
My experience on email clients is only restricted to MS-Outlook, Eudora, Incredimail, Thunderbird and Kmail.
Which email client do you use?

Best regards,

Valdir Marcos

>> Sorry for the off-toppic, but I am using FB 1.5.2 on Kurumin Linux 5.0,
>> a Brazilian Distro based on Debian Knoppix, kernel 2.6.
>> I cam use ISQL without problems, including updates and commits.
>
> P.S. Please don't hijack other threads, it makes some e-mail clients
> crazy. Since you did, you probably don't know what it is: it's when you
> hit Reply on some message, then delete the entire body and change to
> subject. However, e-mail software retains the information about message
> you were replying to, and now I see your message and all replies to it
> as part of "Pictures" thread.
>
> So, just click on "write a new message" when you're starting a different
> topic. If you hate to type the email address, I'm sure you can
> copy/paste or use some other function of your e-mail client (well, not
> in "Lookout Express" you're using). Thanx.
>
> --
> Milan Babuskov
> http://fbexport.sourceforge.net
> http://www.flamerobin.org

Re: Off FlameRobin 0.4.0 on Kurumin Linux 5.0

valdir.marcos
I've searched all menu items and I haven't found the FlameRobin one.
I've tried your suggestions and I will put the results in a new thread.

Valdir Marcos wrote:
> Sorry for that, but  I have never heard about something similar nor in windows neither in Linux since I've started using internet in 1996.
>>From now on, on FlameRobin list I will take this care.
> My experience on email clients is only restricted to MS-Outlook, Eudora, Incredimail, Thunderbird and Kmail.
> Which email client do you use?

Thunderbird. Perhaps you never used the "threading" feature? Just select
View -> Sort By -> Threaded from the menu. You can then see all
discussions on the mailing lists as threads, i.e. replies come right
after the original message, just like in newsgroups.

Re: Pictures

Milan Babuskov wrote:
> Guys, I have an idea to put our pictures on the "Credits" page on
> website. You know, right beside the name and other info. For one thing,
> it would help us recognize each other at the conference ;)
>
> Alex, what would be the prefered size/format? I was thinking .jpg
> headshots (like the ones on passport/ID cards) sized 100x150 or less.

Ok, I had a IM discussion with Alex. The pictures should be 128x128
pixels, either jpg or whatever you prefer.

Here's mine, please send yours on the list too (reply to this).

http://fbexport.sourceforge.net
http://www.flamerobin.org

babuskov.jpg (15K) Download Attachment

Re[2]: Pictures

Alex Stanciu
Hello Milan,

> Milan Babuskov wrote:
>> Guys, I have an idea to put our pictures on the "Credits" page on
>> website. You know, right beside the name and other info. For one thing,
>> it would help us recognize each other at the conference ;)
>>
>> Alex, what would be the prefered size/format? I was thinking .jpg
>> headshots (like the ones on passport/ID cards) sized 100x150 or less.

> Ok, I had a IM discussion with Alex. The pictures should be 128x128
> pixels, either jpg or whatever you prefer.

> Here's mine, please send yours on the list too (reply to this).

No comments allowed, right ? :)
Just kiddin`. I`ll do my best to find a picture of myself and maybe
Marius.
P.S. This is for Nando : I`m planning to change the color scheme, and
the layout of the site :) Just give me some time please.

Alex "the bird's not fat, our resolution is wrong" Stanciu

--
Best regards,
 Alex                            mailto:[hidden email]

Re: Re[2]: Pictures

marius adrian popa
Administrator
On 10/26/05, Alex Stanciu <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello Milan,
>
> Wednesday, October 26, 2005, 6:48:36 PM, you wrote:
>
> > Milan Babuskov wrote:
> >> Guys, I have an idea to put our pictures on the "Credits" page on
> >> website. You know, right beside the name and other info. For one thing,
> >> it would help us recognize each other at the conference ;)
> >>
> >> Alex, what would be the prefered size/format? I was thinking .jpg
> >> headshots (like the ones on passport/ID cards) sized 100x150 or less.
>
> > Ok, I had a IM discussion with Alex. The pictures should be 128x128
> > pixels, either jpg or whatever you prefer.
>
> > Here's mine, please send yours on the list too (reply to this).
>

> No comments allowed, right ? :)
> Just kiddin`. I`ll do my best to find a picture of myself and maybe
> Marius.
Here is one atached with me , I will try to find an better one soon
> P.S. This is for Nando : I`m planning to change the color scheme, and
> the layout of the site :) Just give me some time please.

is ok
> Alex "the bird's not fat, our resolution is wrong" Stanciu
It depends from what perspective you look , from an multi dimensional universe
our bird is quite flat ;)

--
developer flamerobin.org

mariuz.png (46K) Download Attachment

Re: Pictures

Alex Stanciu wrote:
> No comments allowed, right ? :)

Yeah, I know I'm ugly ;)

> Just kiddin`. I`ll do my best to find a picture of myself and maybe
> Marius.

Fine.

> Alex "the bird's not fat, our resolution is wrong" Stanciu

Back to the logo issues?