Re: RFC: Duplicate (clone) database registration info

Re: RFC: Duplicate (clone) database registration info

Milan Babuskov-5
Hi all,

I came across an interesting idea regarding this. Instead of providing
the copy/paste functionality, or adding context menus "duplicate
registration info", we could do it the other way around. On database
registration dialog, add a dropdown list and a button: "Fill empty fields".

When user clicks the "fill empty fields", add the fields in dialog that
are empty will be filled with values of the database selected in
dropdown list.

Perhaps the "fill empty fields" is not the best label for it. Maybe
something like "clone into empty fields" or something similar. Ideas?

Whatever we label that button, it solves the problem of selecting the
parent node for cloned database object.

http://fbexport.sourceforge.net

Re: RFC: Duplicate (clone) database registration info

Nando Dessena-2
Milan,
 > Whatever we label that button, it solves the problem of selecting the
parent node for cloned database object.
it's solved anyway when Server goes away, isn't it?
Ciao
--
Nando

Nando Dessena wrote:
> Milan,
>  > Whatever we label that button, it solves the problem of selecting the
> parent node for cloned database object.
> it's solved anyway when Server goes away, isn't it?

No. Once we remove the Server, we will have some other ways of grouping
the databases (folders) so the issue remains.

BTW, this could also remove the need for credentials stuff, as user
could simply copy the user/pass info from any existing database.

http://fbexport.sourceforge.net