Remote restore FB 2.5 - server linux 64 - client windows 7 64

Remote restore FB 2.5 - server linux 64 - client windows 7 64

valdir.marcos
I am trying to do a remote restore on a local hd of a client windows 7
64 via internet to server linux 64 using:
---------------------------
About FlameRobin
---------------------------
FlameRobin 0.9.3.2219 Unicode (x64)
Database administration tool for Firebird RDBMS

This tool uses IBPP library version 2.5.2.1
wxWidgets library version 2.8.12
and Boost library version 1.46.1

Copyright (c) 2004-2012  FlameRobin Development Team
http://www.flamerobin.org
---------------------------

Everything feels right, I can read all messages of the restore
process, but at the end the restored fbk file disappears from OS.

I did everything manualy based on http://www.firebirdfaq.org/faq62/
and worked correctly.

Should I turn some switch on or off on FlameRobin to be able to make
remote restore like gbak does?

Thanks,

Valdir

Re: Remote restore FB 2.5 - server linux 64 - client windows 7 64

Michael Hieke
On 10.07.2012 15:40, Valdir Marcos wrote:

> I am trying to do a remote restore on a local hd of a client windows 7
> 64 via internet to server linux 64.
>
> I did everything manualy based on http://www.firebirdfaq.org/faq62/
> and worked correctly.
>
> Should I turn some switch on or off on FlameRobin to be able to make
> remote restore like gbak does?

I don't think what you want can be done using the Services API, which
FlameRobin is indeed using.  gbak is just different enough to pull it off.

HTH