Quantcast

SUSE install problems

Lester Caine
Everything had been running fine, but some key repo's had been switched
off because I was still on SUSE 13.2. Bottom line ... Leap will not run
with ANY of the AMD graphics cards I have, and I had to pinch a Nvidia
card from another machine to get something working again. After some
discussions on the SUSE lists, I switched over to Tumbleweed, started
with a single monitor and currently have the 4 screen setup working
again, but in the process Flamerobin has stopped working.

Problem seems to be that the Tumbleweed install of Flamerobin is
assuming libwx_baseu-suse.so.1 and associated .so.1 files are loaded,
but Tumbleweed is running libwx_baseu-suse.so.3 and .so.3 versions of
the other files. It's not just Flamerobin that is broken and it seems
part of my problem with the graphics is down to exactly the same problem
and key components of the AMD driver install fails for the same reason.

I am assuming that I should be able to simply recompile Flamerobin with
the the loaded libraries, but just what is the best starting point? The
SUSE source files which I've not tracked down where they installed to,
or the git version? As wxwidgets3.0 is already loaded for other tools I
need to find the local copy of that as well ...

OK ... working through this as I type ... wxwidgets3.0 is
/usr/bin/wx-config and I needed the devel package for firebird, but make
is giving a warning

warning: ‘template<class> class std::auto_ptr’ is deprecated

Has still complied and I've seen no other errors, and I'm working again :)

So now is there an easy fix for the auto_ptr warning?

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL
-----------------------------

Re: SUSE install problems

marius adrian popa
Administrator
For the moment you can ignore it , work in progress

On 28/03/17 14:19, marius adrian popa wrote:
> For the moment you can ignore it , work in progress

I've got a working version on 'Tumbleweed' which is all that matters now
;) But I SHOULD be able to update the SUSE distribution to remove the
need to build manually.

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL