Statement history dialog layout

In the past week or so I have improved our statement history dialog to
allow easier browsing. Now it shows the statements on the left and
when you click them, you get the whole sql on the right. This makes it
easier to inspect the statements and find what you looking for.
Especially if you have a large monitor. Also, the searched term is
marked with red color.

I also added the timestamp of the history file. Functionality is now
good, however, now I'm not sure about this layout. What do you think?

(screenshot attached)

http://www.guacosoft.com

history.png (64K) Download Attachment

Re: Statement history dialog layout

valdir.marcos
Hi,

Perfect! and very very very welcome!

My logs are giant. Could it be possible to stop searching and use what
was already found? Most of the time, I won't need to wait until end
searching to find what I need.

Best wishes,

Valdir

2011/10/30 Milan Babuskov <[hidden email]>:

> Hi,
>
> In the past week or so I have improved our statement history dialog to
> allow easier browsing. Now it shows the statements on the left and
> when you click them, you get the whole sql on the right. This makes it
> easier to inspect the statements and find what you looking for.
> Especially if you have a large monitor. Also, the searched term is
> marked with red color.
>
> I also added the timestamp of the history file. Functionality is now
> good, however, now I'm not sure about this layout. What do you think?
>
> (screenshot attached)
>
> --
> Milan Babuskov
> http://www.guacosoft.com

Re: Statement history dialog layout

llerrac
Layout.

It would do.
Just wonder if:
The list itself can take over the whole screen, and wrap text automatically onto one line as well. - switch off the new viewer panel.
I admit to having whole rafts  of SQL on a tab- so I can keep a a bunch of the last weeks queries to hand whenever something needs to be questioned again. My way around your of SQL search. I also have undo and history buffers set large. Putting in this search of it is very good.

Thoughts :

Selected Text:   Can the font colour change, or the selection just be underlined in red. Not brush/fill colour
That means it could still be seen after the text is selected, say.

Copy to editor function: could you append and select the SQL, not just copy to.  which I take means an editor with only the copied SQL in it - or are you just simply going to open a new editor- in which case forget thought

Thanks for efforts on flamerobin

Alex

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad

Hi,

On Sun, Oct 30, 2011 at 7:07 PM, Valdir Marcos <[hidden email]> wrote:
> My logs are giant. Could it be possible to stop searching and use what
> was already found?

Yes. Once you click the "search" button it changes into "stop". Just
click it again to stop.

Thanks for the feedback about the feature guys, but I was thinking
about layout. The feature already works. :)

http://www.guacosoft.com

On Sun, Oct 30, 2011 at 8:54 PM,  <[hidden email]> wrote:
> The list itself can take over the whole screen, and wrap text automatically
> onto one line as well. - switch off the new viewer panel.

Of course, it's already done. It's in the splitter window, you can
move it left-right and decide whatever size you want for the panels.
And you can maximize it. I do this all the time on my 1680x1050
screen.

> Selected Text:   Can the font colour change, or the selection just be
> underlined in red. Not brush/fill colour

The text on the screenshot is not really selected, it just shows where
the searched word is found in sql. Once you select it, the red would
become blue.

> Copy to editor function: could you append and select the SQL, not just copy
> to.  which I take means an editor with only the copied SQL in it - or are
> you just simply going to open a new editor- in which case forget thought

Just open a new editor. But now you can also copy/paste a part of SQL
statement if you want. In this case:

1. select the text
2. right-click and "Copy" or press Ctrl+C
3. click "cancel"
4. paste the text wherever you want.

The panel on the right is a regular text editor with all the features
you might expect.

http://www.guacosoft.com