Wrong stats for update or insert?

Kjell Rilbe-3
Hi,

I just tried to use the (somewhat) new update or insert construct, like
this:

create table "Test" (
   "Id" int not null primary key,
   "Data" varchar(200)
);
[commit]
update or insert into "Test" ("Id", "Data")
values (1, 'Stuff');

Stats:
31 fetches, 6 marks, 0 reads, 0 writes.
1 inserts, 0 updates, 0 deletes, 4 index, 0 seq.
Delta memory: 9832 bytes.
Test: 1 inserts.
1 row affected directly.

This is as expected.
select * from "Test"
(Returns data as expected)
update or insert into "Test" ("Id", "Data")
values (1, 'New stuff');

Stats:
30 fetches, 1 marks, 0 reads, 0 writes.
0 inserts, 1 updates, 0 deletes, 5 index, 0 seq.
Delta memory: 8480 bytes.
Test: 1 updates.
0 rows affected directly.

In the last stats, it says "1 updates" but "0 rows affected directly".
Shouldn't that be "1 row affected directly"?

Not sure if this is by design and if not I don't know if it's FB, IBPP
or FR that gets it wrong. Please help with that.

Kjell
--
--------------------------------------
Kjell Rilbe

Re: Wrong stats for update or insert?

Milan Babuskov-4
On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 7:11 AM, Kjell Rilbe <[hidden email]> wrote:

> update or insert into "Test" ("Id", "Data")
> values (1, 'New stuff');
>
> Stats:
> 30 fetches, 1 marks, 0 reads, 0 writes.
> 0 inserts, 1 updates, 0 deletes, 5 index, 0 seq.
> Delta memory: 8480 bytes.
> Test: 1 updates.
> 0 rows affected directly.
>
> In the last stats, it says "1 updates" but "0 rows affected directly".
> Shouldn't that be "1 row affected directly"?
>
> Not sure if this is by design and if not I don't know if it's FB, IBPP
> or FR that gets it wrong. Please help with that.

FR only reports what it gets from IBPP. It could be that FB API has
changed the return value of some function and IBPP needs to be updated
or FB is simply not treating that as direct record update.

http://www.guacosoft.com

Den 2011-08-15 10:56 skrev Milan Babuskov såhär:

> On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 7:11 AM, Kjell Rilbe<[hidden email]>  wrote:
>> update or insert into "Test" ("Id", "Data")
>> values (1, 'New stuff');
>>
>> Stats:
>> 30 fetches, 1 marks, 0 reads, 0 writes.
>> 0 inserts, 1 updates, 0 deletes, 5 index, 0 seq.
>> Delta memory: 8480 bytes.
>> Test: 1 updates.
>> 0 rows affected directly.
>>
>> In the last stats, it says "1 updates" but "0 rows affected directly".
>> Shouldn't that be "1 row affected directly"?
>>
>> Not sure if this is by design and if not I don't know if it's FB, IBPP
>> or FR that gets it wrong. Please help with that.
>
> FR only reports what it gets from IBPP. It could be that FB API has
> changed the return value of some function and IBPP needs to be updated
> or FB is simply not treating that as direct record update.

OK. Worth investigating or something to just ignore? It doesn't really
matter to me personally...

Kjell
--
--------------------------------------

On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 10:59 AM, Kjell Rilbe <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> FR only reports what it gets from IBPP. It could be that FB API has
>> changed the return value of some function and IBPP needs to be updated
>> or FB is simply not treating that as direct record update.
>
> OK. Worth investigating or something to just ignore? It doesn't really
> matter to me personally...

Looks like IBPP problem, somewhere around line 400 in statement.cpp

http://www.guacosoft.com

Re: Wrong stats for update or insert?

Milan Babuskov-4
On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 11:06 AM, Milan Babuskov
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 10:59 AM, Kjell Rilbe <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> FR only reports what it gets from IBPP. It could be that FB API has
>>> changed the return value of some function and IBPP needs to be updated
>>> or FB is simply not treating that as direct record update.
>>
>> OK. Worth investigating or something to just ignore? It doesn't really
>> matter to me personally...
>
> Looks like IBPP problem, somewhere around line 400 in statement.cpp

I believe I fixed it. Committed as revision 2187.

http://www.guacosoft.com

Den 2011-08-15 11:18 skrev Milan Babuskov såhär:

> On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 11:06 AM, Milan Babuskov
> <[hidden email]>  wrote:
>>>
>>> OK. Worth investigating or something to just ignore? It doesn't really
>>> matter to me personally...
>>
>> Looks like IBPP problem, somewhere around line 400 in statement.cpp
>
> I believe I fixed it. Committed as revision 2187.

:-)

Kjell
--
Kjell Rilbe