flamerobin - message error

Francesco Bigi
Hi,
I am having a big problem with flamrobin running on UBUNTU 11.0
when i try to create a new local database and try to save it in a
certain folder iv got an error message like this:

*** IBPP::SQLException ***
Context: Database::Create
Message: isc_dsql_execute_immediate failed

SQL Message : -902
Unsuccessful execution caused by a system error that precludes
successful execution of subsequent statements

Engine Code    : 335544344
Engine Message :
I/O error during "open O_CREAT" operation for file
"/home/newbreaker12/Desktop/Flamerobin/db.fdb"
Error while trying to create file
Permission denied

What do i must do?
i dont know how to give permission to flamerobin...

Francesco Bigi

Re: flamerobin - message error

Milan Babuskov-4
On Wed, Jun 6, 2012 at 2:44 PM, Francesco Bigi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am having a big problem with flamrobin running on UBUNTU 11.0
> when i try to create a new local database and try to save it in a
> certain folder iv got an error message like this:
>
> *** IBPP::SQLException ***
> Context: Database::Create
> Message: isc_dsql_execute_immediate failed
>
> SQL Message : -902
> Unsuccessful execution caused by a system error that precludes
> successful execution of subsequent statements
>
> Engine Code    : 335544344
> Engine Message :
> I/O error during "open O_CREAT" operation for file
> "/home/newbreaker12/Desktop/Flamerobin/db.fdb"
> Error while trying to create file
> Permission denied

Firebird user "firebird" does not have privileges to write to your
home directory "/home/newbreaker12". Either remove "localhost" from
the server hostname or give privileges to directory or use a different
directory where firebird user has privileges. I usually create a
separate dir in /var/database and set ownership to firebird.firebird
and then add myself to firebird group.

HTH

http://www.guacosoft.com

Re: flamerobin - message error

Andre van Zuydam
Hi Francesco

The permissions you need to give is more for firebird's sake than Flamerobin.

You may want to run a chown firebird.firebird -r on that Flamerobin folder you have on your desktop.

You will need to do this from terminal, I do not know how you will handle this in the GUI, perhaps right click, security or something - add firebird user to have read write.

Hope that answers your question.