next stable release ?

Philippe Makowski-2
Hi,

is Flamerobin team planning to make a stable release soon ?
9.3 or 9.4 or 10.0 ?

Re: next stable release ?

Milan Babuskov-4
On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 6:59 PM, Philippe Makowski
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> is Flamerobin team planning to make a stable release soon ?
> 9.3 or 9.4 or 10.0 ?

Not that I know of. Support for 2.5 is not complete. I cannot promise
doing anything about it as I haven't moved to 2.5 yet and don't plan
to do in foreseeable future. The main problem is that 2.5 is not fully
backward compatible, and I cannot do development on 2.5 like it was
possible with 2.1 vs older versions (iow, I would need to develop on
2.1 and apply changes to some testing server with 2.5 which currently
looks like complete waste of time given that I don't find any 2.5
features usable and thus still run 2.0 and 2.1 in production
everywhere).

I'm also moving away from ERP/CRM development and going more into
web/gaming development where enterprise features (triggers, SPs, ACID)
are less important while speed and ease of replication is much more
important, so I'm also moving away from Firebird to faster engines
that have better performance and RAM utilization (MySQL, Redis,...). I
hate many aspects of those DBs, but FB simply cannot beat their
"speed/cost" ratio.

So, until someone else steps up, it looks like FR is stuck with 2.1 support.

We could package what we have and call that "stable release", but I
assume users would expect 2.5 to be fully supported now if we did a
new release of FR.

http://www.guacosoft.com

Re: next stable release ?

marius adrian popa
Administrator
We can do a 9.4 release with what is now , is already quite stable
even if if is missing some of the 2.5 features

Milan could you add me to the project so i can do the project releases
, also add the missing features on the roadmap for the next version

On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 10:59 PM, Milan Babuskov
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 6:59 PM, Philippe Makowski
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> is Flamerobin team planning to make a stable release soon ?
>> 9.3 or 9.4 or 10.0 ?
>
> Not that I know of. Support for 2.5 is not complete. I cannot promise
> doing anything about it as I haven't moved to 2.5 yet and don't plan
> to do in foreseeable future. The main problem is that 2.5 is not fully
> backward compatible, and I cannot do development on 2.5 like it was
> possible with 2.1 vs older versions (iow, I would need to develop on
> 2.1 and apply changes to some testing server with 2.5 which currently
> looks like complete waste of time given that I don't find any 2.5
> features usable and thus still run 2.0 and 2.1 in production
> everywhere).
>
> I'm also moving away from ERP/CRM development and going more into
> web/gaming development where enterprise features (triggers, SPs, ACID)
> are less important while speed and ease of replication is much more
> important, so I'm also moving away from Firebird to faster engines
> that have better performance and RAM utilization (MySQL, Redis,...). I
> hate many aspects of those DBs, but FB simply cannot beat their
> "speed/cost" ratio.
>
> So, until someone else steps up, it looks like FR is stuck with 2.1 support.
>
> We could package what we have and call that "stable release", but I
> assume users would expect 2.5 to be fully supported now if we did a
> new release of FR.
>
> --
> Milan Babuskov
> http://www.guacosoft.com

Re: next stable release ?

valdir.marcos
Maybe, it would be helpful easing new comers on how to contribute on
FlameRobin sources.

Building Flamerobin on Debian 6 was really easy:
http://flamerobin.org/dokuwiki/wiki/howtobuildonubuntudebian

But, there is not a
http://flamerobin.org/dokuwiki/wiki/howtobuildonwindows  or
http://flamerobin.org/dokuwiki/wiki/howtobuildonmac

Reading BUILD.txt talks about Windows 98, MS Visual 2005 and old
Borland 5.5 Free Compiler.

I could not get through on compiling FlameRobin on Windows.

I am not an expert on C++ anymore. Today, I only use C++ on known IDEs
to build Firebird UDFs.

Maybe, it would help if BUILD.txt talked about recent free-ease-to-use
IDEs such as Netbeans, Eclipse, wxDev-C++, MS VS 2012, etc:
http://wiki.wxwidgets.org/List_of_Integrated_Development_Environments

Maybe, more information on Git, Boost and wxWidgets would help:
http://code.google.com/p/gitextensions/
http://net.tutsplus.com/tutorials/tools-and-tips/git-on-windows-for-newbs/
http://nathanj.github.com/gitguide/tour.html

Maybe, one or two video tutorials would help begginners on C++ to find
their way on helping FlameRobin.

Thanks,

Valdir

2012/12/11 marius adrian popa <[hidden email]>:

> We can do a 9.4 release with what is now , is already quite stable
> even if if is missing some of the 2.5 features
>
> Milan could you add me to the project so i can do the project releases
> , also add the missing features on the roadmap for the next version
>
> On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 10:59 PM, Milan Babuskov
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 6:59 PM, Philippe Makowski
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> is Flamerobin team planning to make a stable release soon ?
>>> 9.3 or 9.4 or 10.0 ?
>>
>> Not that I know of. Support for 2.5 is not complete. I cannot promise
>> doing anything about it as I haven't moved to 2.5 yet and don't plan
>> to do in foreseeable future. The main problem is that 2.5 is not fully
>> backward compatible, and I cannot do development on 2.5 like it was
>> possible with 2.1 vs older versions (iow, I would need to develop on
>> 2.1 and apply changes to some testing server with 2.5 which currently
>> looks like complete waste of time given that I don't find any 2.5
>> features usable and thus still run 2.0 and 2.1 in production
>> everywhere).
>>
>> I'm also moving away from ERP/CRM development and going more into
>> web/gaming development where enterprise features (triggers, SPs, ACID)
>> are less important while speed and ease of replication is much more
>> important, so I'm also moving away from Firebird to faster engines
>> that have better performance and RAM utilization (MySQL, Redis,...). I
>> hate many aspects of those DBs, but FB simply cannot beat their
>> "speed/cost" ratio.
>>
>> So, until someone else steps up, it looks like FR is stuck with 2.1 support.
>>
>> We could package what we have and call that "stable release", but I
>> assume users would expect 2.5 to be fully supported now if we did a
>> new release of FR.
>>
>> --
>> Milan Babuskov
>> http://www.guacosoft.com

Re: next stable release ?

Lester Caine
Valdir Marcos wrote:
> I could not get through on compiling FlameRobin on Windows.
>
> I am not an expert on C++ anymore. Today, I only use C++ on known IDEs
> to build Firebird UDFs.
I still use BCB6 for that ;)

> Maybe, it would help if BUILD.txt talked about recent free-ease-to-use
> IDEs such as Netbeans, Eclipse, wxDev-C++, MS VS 2012, etc:
> http://wiki.wxwidgets.org/List_of_Integrated_Development_Environments

Valdir - this is not simply a Flamerobin 'problem'. Compiling software on
windows has never been as straight forward as Linux simply because in many cases
it does depend on chargeable software. I'm still trying to support legacy
windows applications, and even having paid a lot of money for updates to more
modern versions of the earlier 'Borland' development environment I still can't
recompile perfectly functional applications today :(

PHP has managed to develop a compilation platform that uses the free Windows
tools, but anything compiled with 'windows' for the desktop is blocked from that
approach as that requires chargeable versions of the compiler.

Personally I've drifted away from Windows, and the majority of my customers are
using web based systems with Linux servers, so the incentive to fix these
problems has been less and less. I've been using Eclipse for many years and am
now working on Linux C/C++ code with wxWidgets now starting to appear in that
process, all using free software.

That said, most of my 'experience' with windows development is now several years
old, and it may be that someone with a more up to date understanding of the
situation CAN fill the gaps. The code on the whole is 'transparent' between
windows and linux nowadays?

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL
-----------------------------

Re: next stable release ?

marius adrian popa
Administrator
I will cleanup the BUILD.txt and code and drop support for Borland 5.5
compiler/Windows 98 , Even embarcadero went the clang way

The build on windows , mac will be created , feel free to contribute

Also the IDE selection is done mostly by each developer preference i
will write some notes on what we use : Vim , eclipse , qtcreator ...

On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 8:05 AM, Valdir Marcos <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
>>> looks like complete waste of time given that I don't find any 2.5
>>> features usable and thus still run 2.0 and 2.1 in production
>>> everywhere).
>>>
>>> I'm also moving away from ERP/CRM development and going more into
>>> web/gaming development where enterprise features (triggers, SPs, ACID)
>>> are less important while speed and ease of replication is much more
>>> important, so I'm also moving away from Firebird to faster engines
>>> that have better performance and RAM utilization (MySQL, Redis,...). I
>>> hate many aspects of those DBs, but FB simply cannot beat their
>>> "speed/cost" ratio.
>>>
>>> So, until someone else steps up, it looks like FR is stuck with 2.1 support.
>>>
>>> We could package what we have and call that "stable release", but I
>>> assume users would expect 2.5 to be fully supported now if we did a

Re: next stable release ?

On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 10:13 PM, marius adrian popa <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Milan could you add me to the project so i can do the project releases
> , also add the missing features on the roadmap for the next version

Can you build all the binaries, Win, Linux, Mac?

http://www.guacosoft.com

Re: next stable release ?

Ismael L. Donis Garcia
That it has happened that the support in the package of debian has stopped?
At present it is in 0.9.3.2220

Best regards
=========
|| ISMAEL ||
=========
> [...]
>>> looks like complete waste of time given that I don't find any 2.5
>>> features usable and thus still run 2.0 and 2.1 in production
>>> everywhere).
>>>
>>> I'm also moving away from ERP/CRM development and going more into
>>> web/gaming development where enterprise features (triggers, SPs, ACID)
>>> are less important while speed and ease of replication is much more
>>> important, so I'm also moving away from Firebird to faster engines
>>> that have better performance and RAM utilization (MySQL, Redis,...). I
>>> hate many aspects of those DBs, but FB simply cannot beat their
>>> "speed/cost" ratio.
>>>
>>> So, until someone else steps up, it looks like FR is stuck with 2.1
>>> support.
>>>
>>> We could package what we have and call that "stable release", but I
>>> assume users would expect 2.5 to be fully supported now if we did a

Re: next stable release ?

marius adrian popa
Administrator
I can build Linux and Win

Don't know about the mac I will ask Michael
I he can do the Win i would be glad :)

On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 5:02 PM, Milan Babuskov
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 10:13 PM, marius adrian popa <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Milan could you add me to the project so i can do the project releases
>> , also add the missing features on the roadmap for the next version
>
> Can you build all the binaries, Win, Linux, Mac?
>

> --
> Milan Babuskov
> http://www.guacosoft.com

Re: next stable release ?

valdir.marcos
Lester, I also use Linux most of my time, but most of my
clients/students use Windows...
Please, correct me if I am wrong, but I have the impression that the
majority of FlameRobin users are on Windows and that is why I am
worried that more programmers for FlameRobin on Windows would be
helpful.

2012/12/12 Lester Caine <[hidden email]>:

> Valdir Marcos wrote:
>> I could not get through on compiling FlameRobin on Windows.
>>
>> I am not an expert on C++ anymore. Today, I only use C++ on known IDEs
>> to build Firebird UDFs.
> I still use BCB6 for that ;)
>
>> Maybe, it would help if BUILD.txt talked about recent free-ease-to-use
>> IDEs such as Netbeans, Eclipse, wxDev-C++, MS VS 2012, etc:
>> http://wiki.wxwidgets.org/List_of_Integrated_Development_Environments
>
> Valdir - this is not simply a Flamerobin 'problem'. Compiling software on
> windows has never been as straight forward as Linux simply because in many cases
> it does depend on chargeable software. I'm still trying to support legacy
> windows applications, and even having paid a lot of money for updates to more
> modern versions of the earlier 'Borland' development environment I still can't
> recompile perfectly functional applications today :(
>
> PHP has managed to develop a compilation platform that uses the free Windows
> tools, but anything compiled with 'windows' for the desktop is blocked from that
> approach as that requires chargeable versions of the compiler.
>
> Personally I've drifted away from Windows, and the majority of my customers are
> using web based systems with Linux servers, so the incentive to fix these
> problems has been less and less. I've been using Eclipse for many years and am
> now working on Linux C/C++ code with wxWidgets now starting to appear in that
> process, all using free software.
>
> That said, most of my 'experience' with windows development is now several years
> old, and it may be that someone with a more up to date understanding of the
> situation CAN fill the gaps. The code on the whole is 'transparent' between
> windows and linux nowadays?
>
> --
> Lester Caine - G8HFL
> -----------------------------
> Model Engineers Digital Workshop - http://medw.co.uk
> Rainbow Digital Media - http://rainbowdigitalmedia.co.uk

Re: next stable release ?

valdir.marcos
Marius, I have no knwoledge on creating C++ gaphical interface.
I only use C++ for creating UDFs for Firebird.
This is very easy on Linux, that why I thought about using an IDE on
Windows to bing balance to this equation.
I am incentivating my college students to learn C++ to help Firebird
and FlameRobin, but since most of them are Windows users things get
harder on learning C++ when they already use the facilities of Windows
IDEs suche as Delphi, Lazarus, C#, Netbeans, etc.
Please, correct me if I am wrong, but I have the impression that the
majority of FlameRobin users are on Windows and that is why I am
worried that bring more programmers for FlameRobin on Windows would be
helpful.
On this view point, BUILD.txt would be more effective if it would
consider and help students that have very little knowledge about C++,
wxWidgets and Boost.

I still remember
http://flamerobin.blogspot.com.br/2006/03/wxwidgets-book-is-now-available-as-pdf.html
Is it still useful for begginers? Is there someting newer or better?

2012/12/12 marius adrian popa <[hidden email]>:

> I will cleanup the BUILD.txt and code and drop support for Borland 5.5
> compiler/Windows 98 , Even embarcadero went the clang way
>
> The build on windows , mac will be created , feel free to contribute
>
> Also the IDE selection is done mostly by each developer preference i
> will write some notes on what we use : Vim , eclipse , qtcreator ...
>
> On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 8:05 AM, Valdir Marcos <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Maybe, it would be helpful easing new comers on how to contribute on
>> FlameRobin sources.
>>
>> Building Flamerobin on Debian 6 was really easy:
>> http://flamerobin.org/dokuwiki/wiki/howtobuildonubuntudebian
>>
>> But, there is not a
>> http://flamerobin.org/dokuwiki/wiki/howtobuildonwindows  or
>> http://flamerobin.org/dokuwiki/wiki/howtobuildonmac
>>
>> Reading BUILD.txt talks about Windows 98, MS Visual 2005 and old
>> Borland 5.5 Free Compiler.
>>
>> I could not get through on compiling FlameRobin on Windows.
>>
>> I am not an expert on C++ anymore. Today, I only use C++ on known IDEs
>> to build Firebird UDFs.
>>
>> Maybe, it would help if BUILD.txt talked about recent free-ease-to-use
>> IDEs such as Netbeans, Eclipse, wxDev-C++, MS VS 2012, etc:
>> http://wiki.wxwidgets.org/List_of_Integrated_Development_Environments
>>
>> Maybe, more information on Git, Boost and wxWidgets would help:
>> http://code.google.com/p/gitextensions/
>> http://net.tutsplus.com/tutorials/tools-and-tips/git-on-windows-for-newbs/
>> http://nathanj.github.com/gitguide/tour.html
>>
>> Maybe, one or two video tutorials would help begginners on C++ to find
>> their way on helping FlameRobin.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Valdir
>>

>> 2012/12/11 marius adrian popa <[hidden email]>:
>>> We can do a 9.4 release with what is now , is already quite stable
>>> even if if is missing some of the 2.5 features
>>>
>>> Milan could you add me to the project so i can do the project releases
>>> , also add the missing features on the roadmap for the next version

Re: next stable release ?

marius adrian popa
Administrator
Thanks for interest , i will try to create a guide for windows in my free time
, yes the majority of users are on Windows but the developers are on
Linux , Mac ...

I will recheck the book , there are many changes in wx so let's see if
is stil good for a student
For C++ you can start with thinking in C++ then efective c++  ...
ww.reddit.com/r/Cplusplus/comments/14psww/recommend_a_book/

On Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 9:12 AM, Valdir Marcos <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Marius, I have no knwoledge on creating C++ gaphical interface.
> I only use C++ for creating UDFs for Firebird.
> This is very easy on Linux, that why I thought about using an IDE on
> Windows to bing balance to this equation.
> I am incentivating my college students to learn C++ to help Firebird
> and FlameRobin, but since most of them are Windows users things get
> harder on learning C++ when they already use the facilities of Windows
> IDEs suche as Delphi, Lazarus, C#, Netbeans, etc.
> Please, correct me if I am wrong, but I have the impression that the
> majority of FlameRobin users are on Windows and that is why I am
> worried that bring more programmers for FlameRobin on Windows would be
> helpful.
> On this view point, BUILD.txt would be more effective if it would
> consider and help students that have very little knowledge about C++,
> wxWidgets and Boost.
>
> I still remember
> http://flamerobin.blogspot.com.br/2006/03/wxwidgets-book-is-now-available-as-pdf.html
> Is it still useful for begginers? Is there someting newer or better?
>

> 2012/12/12 marius adrian popa <[hidden email]>:
>> I will cleanup the BUILD.txt and code and drop support for Borland 5.5
>> compiler/Windows 98 , Even embarcadero went the clang way
>>
>> The build on windows , mac will be created , feel free to contribute
>>
>> Also the IDE selection is done mostly by each developer preference i
>> will write some notes on what we use : Vim , eclipse , qtcreator ...
>>
>> On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 8:05 AM, Valdir Marcos <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Maybe, it would be helpful easing new comers on how to contribute on
>>> FlameRobin sources.
>>>
>>> Building Flamerobin on Debian 6 was really easy:
>>> http://flamerobin.org/dokuwiki/wiki/howtobuildonubuntudebian
>>>
>>> But, there is not a
>>> http://flamerobin.org/dokuwiki/wiki/howtobuildonwindows  or
>>> http://flamerobin.org/dokuwiki/wiki/howtobuildonmac
>>>
>>> Reading BUILD.txt talks about Windows 98, MS Visual 2005 and old
>>> Borland 5.5 Free Compiler.
>>>
>>> I could not get through on compiling FlameRobin on Windows.
>>>
>>> I am not an expert on C++ anymore. Today, I only use C++ on known IDEs
>>> to build Firebird UDFs.
>>>
>>> Maybe, it would help if BUILD.txt talked about recent free-ease-to-use
>>> IDEs such as Netbeans, Eclipse, wxDev-C++, MS VS 2012, etc:
>>> http://wiki.wxwidgets.org/List_of_Integrated_Development_Environments
>>>
>>> Maybe, more information on Git, Boost and wxWidgets would help:
>>> http://code.google.com/p/gitextensions/
>>> http://net.tutsplus.com/tutorials/tools-and-tips/git-on-windows-for-newbs/
>>> http://nathanj.github.com/gitguide/tour.html
>>>
>>> Maybe, one or two video tutorials would help begginners on C++ to find
>>> their way on helping FlameRobin.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Valdir

Re: next stable release ?

valdir.marcos
What are the advantages and disadvantages on building FlameRobin from wxwidgets 3.0?

wxwidgets roadmap:
"We plan to make 3.0 in September 2013 if no big problems are found with 2.9.5, which was released in July. This will be the first stable release since 2.8 almost 7 years ago.
See the list of tickets that need to be addressed before this release to get an idea of the work remaining to do."
http://trac.wxwidgets.org/wiki/Roadmap

Remaining tickets before wxwidgets 3.0:
http://trac.wxwidgets.org/query?status=accepted&status=confirmed&status=new&status=reopened&order=priority&col=id&col=summary&col=status&col=type&col=priority&col=milestone&col=component&milestone=3.0

Thanks,

Valdir

2013/1/21 marius adrian popa <[hidden email]>
> [...]

>>> http://flamerobin.org/dokuwiki/wiki/howtobuildonmac
>>>
>>> Reading BUILD.txt talks about Windows 98, MS Visual 2005 and old
>>> Borland 5.5 Free Compiler.
>>>
>>> I could not get through on compiling FlameRobin on Windows.
>>>
>>> I am not an expert on C++ anymore. Today, I only use C++ on known IDEs
>>> to build Firebird UDFs.
>>>
>>> Maybe, it would help if BUILD.txt talked about recent free-ease-to-use
>>> IDEs such as Netbeans, Eclipse, wxDev-C++, MS VS 2012, etc:
>>> http://wiki.wxwidgets.org/List_of_Integrated_Development_Environments
>>>
>>> Maybe, more information on Git, Boost and wxWidgets would help:
>>> http://code.google.com/p/gitextensions/
>>> http://net.tutsplus.com/tutorials/tools-and-tips/git-on-windows-for-newbs/
>>> http://nathanj.github.com/gitguide/tour.html
>>>
>>> Maybe, one or two video tutorials would help begginners on C++ to find

aa>>>>>

Re: next stable release ?

marius adrian popa
Administrator
I have started building flamerobin with 2.9/3.0

here is the guide
http://flamerobin.blogspot.ro/2013/09/compiling-flamerobin-with-wxwidgets-30.html

the only issue that i see is when fetching data from table to the grid
the advantage of wx 3.0 is that stc is now included by default

I will start to check what works and what is not working

On Sat, Sep 7, 2013 at 11:22 PM, Valdir Marcos <[hidden email]> wrote:

> What are the advantages and disadvantages on building FlameRobin from
> wxwidgets 3.0?
>
> wxwidgets roadmap:
> "We plan to make 3.0 in September 2013 if no big problems are found with
> 2.9.5, which was released in July. This will be the first stable release
> since 2.8 almost 7 years ago.
> See the list of tickets that need to be addressed before this release to get
> an idea of the work remaining to do."
> http://trac.wxwidgets.org/wiki/Roadmap
>
> Remaining tickets before wxwidgets 3.0:
> http://trac.wxwidgets.org/query?status=accepted&status=confirmed&status=new&status=reopened&order=priority&col=id&col=summary&col=status&col=type&col=priority&col=milestone&col=component&milestone=3.0
>
> Thanks,
>
> Valdir
>

> 2013/1/21 marius adrian popa <[hidden email]>
>>
>> Thanks for interest , i will try to create a guide for windows in my free
>> time
>> , yes the majority of users are on Windows but the developers are on
>> Linux , Mac ...
>>
>> I will recheck the book , there are many changes in wx so let's see if
>> is stil good for a student
>> For C++ you can start with thinking in C++ then efective c++  ...
>> ww.reddit.com/r/Cplusplus/comments/14psww/recommend_a_book/
>>
>> On Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 9:12 AM, Valdir Marcos <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>> > Marius, I have no knwoledge on creating C++ gaphical interface.
>> > I only use C++ for creating UDFs for Firebird.
>> > This is very easy on Linux, that why I thought about using an IDE on
>> > Windows to bing balance to this equation.
>> > I am incentivating my college students to learn C++ to help Firebird
>> > and FlameRobin, but since most of them are Windows users things get
>> > harder on learning C++ when they already use the facilities of Windows
>> > IDEs suche as Delphi, Lazarus, C#, Netbeans, etc.
>> > Please, correct me if I am wrong, but I have the impression that the
>> > majority of FlameRobin users are on Windows and that is why I am
>> > worried that bring more programmers for FlameRobin on Windows would be
>> > helpful.
>> > On this view point, BUILD.txt would be more effective if it would
>> > consider and help students that have very little knowledge about C++,
>> > wxWidgets and Boost.
>> >
>> > I still remember
>> >
>> > http://flamerobin.blogspot.com.br/2006/03/wxwidgets-book-is-now-available-as-pdf.html
>> > Is it still useful for begginers? Is there someting newer or better?

>> aa>>>>>

Re: next stable release ?

On 07.09.2013 22:22, Valdir Marcos wrote:

> What are the advantages and disadvantages on building FlameRobin from
> wxwidgets 3.0?

 From memory (haven't tried anything with FR for months):

wxWidgets 3.0 (or the 2.9 unstable line) introduce some automatic
application of local format settings.  This leads to inconsistent
behaviour on systems where for example the decimal separator is not the
'.' - some times you have to use the '.' on input even though the ',' is
used for display.

Some TLC is needed for FR to be ready for wxWidgets 3.0.

Re: next stable release ?

marius adrian popa
Administrator
With a few formating issue solved in git , seems pretty stable

Todo: I needed to add on Linux systems too  -lwx_gtk2u_aui-2.9
-lwx_gtk2u_stc-2.9 to the compile/linking line

On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 7:04 PM, marius adrian popa <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have started building flamerobin with 2.9/3.0
>
> here is the guide
> http://flamerobin.blogspot.ro/2013/09/compiling-flamerobin-with-wxwidgets-30.html
>
> the only issue that i see is when fetching data from table to the grid
> the advantage of wx 3.0 is that stc is now included by default
>
> I will start to check what works and what is not working
>
> On Sat, Sep 7, 2013 at 11:22 PM, Valdir Marcos <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> What are the advantages and disadvantages on building FlameRobin from
>> wxwidgets 3.0?
>>
>> wxwidgets roadmap:
>> "We plan to make 3.0 in September 2013 if no big problems are found with
>> 2.9.5, which was released in July. This will be the first stable release
>> since 2.8 almost 7 years ago.
>> See the list of tickets that need to be addressed before this release to get
>> an idea of the work remaining to do."
>> http://trac.wxwidgets.org/wiki/Roadmap
>>
>> Remaining tickets before wxwidgets 3.0:
>> http://trac.wxwidgets.org/query?status=accepted&status=confirmed&status=new&status=reopened&order=priority&col=id&col=summary&col=status&col=type&col=priority&col=milestone&col=component&milestone=3.0
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Valdir
>>

>> 2013/1/21 marius adrian popa <[hidden email]>
>>>
>>> Thanks for interest , i will try to create a guide for windows in my free
>>> time
>>> , yes the majority of users are on Windows but the developers are on
>>> Linux , Mac ...
>>>
>>> I will recheck the book , there are many changes in wx so let's see if
>>> is stil good for a student
>>> For C++ you can start with thinking in C++ then efective c++  ...
>>> ww.reddit.com/r/Cplusplus/comments/14psww/recommend_a_book/

>>> aa>>>>>

Re: next stable release ?

valdir.marcos
wxWidgets 3.0 is out:
http://wxwidgets.blogspot.com/2013/11/some-30-release-stats.html

Is there a new BUILD.txt to help beginners on Windows?

2013/9/11 marius adrian popa <[hidden email]>
With a few formating issue solved in git , seems pretty stable

Todo: I needed to add on Linux systems too  -lwx_gtk2u_aui-2.9
-lwx_gtk2u_stc-2.9 to the compile/linking line

On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 7:04 PM, marius adrian popa <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I have started building flamerobin with 2.9/3.0
>
> here is the guide
> http://flamerobin.blogspot.ro/2013/09/compiling-flamerobin-with-wxwidgets-30.html
>
> the only issue that i see is when fetching data from table to the grid
> the advantage of wx 3.0 is that stc is now included by default
>
> I will start to check what works and what is not working
>
> On Sat, Sep 7, 2013 at 11:22 PM, Valdir Marcos <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> What are the advantages and disadvantages on building FlameRobin from
>> wxwidgets 3.0?
>>
>> wxwidgets roadmap:
>> "We plan to make 3.0 in September 2013 if no big problems are found with
>> 2.9.5, which was released in July. This will be the first stable release
>> since 2.8 almost 7 years ago.
>> See the list of tickets that need to be addressed before this release to get
>> an idea of the work remaining to do."
>> http://trac.wxwidgets.org/wiki/Roadmap
>>
>> Remaining tickets before wxwidgets 3.0:
>> http://trac.wxwidgets.org/query?status=accepted&status=confirmed&status=new&status=reopened&order=priority&col=id&col=summary&col=status&col=type&col=priority&col=milestone&col=component&milestone=3.0
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Valdir
>>

>> 2013/1/21 marius adrian popa <[hidden email]>
>>>
>>> Thanks for interest , i will try to create a guide for windows in my free
>>> time
>>> , yes the majority of users are on Windows but the developers are on
>>> Linux , Mac ...
>>>
>>> I will recheck the book , there are many changes in wx so let's see if
>>> is stil good for a student
>>> For C++ you can start with thinking in C++ then efective c++  ...
>>> ww.reddit.com/r/Cplusplus/comments/14psww/recommend_a_book/

>>> aa>>>>>

Re: next stable release ?

marius adrian popa
Administrator
Mostly you need to install mingw

after that there is makefile for mingw
c:\Mingw\bin\mingw32-make.exe makefile.mgw