option: NOWAIT by default

unordained
I've not found an option in the GUI, nor in the XML file, for disabling the WAIT
option on new query windows by default. Somewhere else to look?

My coworkers keep locking up their Flamerobin GUI because they forget to switch it
off...

-Philip

Re: option: NOWAIT by default

Michael Hieke
On 05.12.2013 21:35, unordained wrote:

> I've not found an option in the GUI, nor in the XML file, for
> disabling the WAIT option on new query windows by default. Somewhere
> else to look?

There is no such option.  The various transaction settings were a later
addition to the statement execution frame, and while I agree that it
would be nice to have them persistent (there is also a feature request
regarding this in the SF.net tracker, see
<http://sourceforge.net/p/flamerobin/feature-requests/166/>) it is not
easy to do.  The various FR operations that use the statement execution
frame must not be disturbed by the persistent transaction settings, and
at least the "Read-only transaction" one is bound to be problematic...

The WAIT option at least should be benign, but I'm not sure we should
have some options persistent and others not.

Any opinions or ideas?